When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears bike!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

5782341b77vl

Look Ma, No Hands!
IMG_20190822_141252564.jpg
IMG_20190822_141310638.jpg
IMG_20190822_141437021.jpg
IMG_20190822_141506034.jpg
IMG_20190822_141627032.jpg
IMG_20190822_141737642.jpg

Oops! Looks like my message part didn't get thru. Never tried this on my phone before.

Looking for more information about this bike.

I was just out at an antique/junk store and saw this beauty!

I don't know much about Sears bikes, but I do know that Sears is gone - all Sears bikes are discontinued.

Not sure what year or model it is. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-----

Sears used quite a number of vendors for their cycles through the years.

This one was manufactured in Austria by Styria/Steyr/Puch of Graz.

It appears to date from near to 1970.

These Steyr frames have one odd dimension it would be good to be aware of in case you do any spanner twistin'.

Their steerers have and O.D. of 26.0mm - sometimes referred to as "austrian size."

This means their headsets are unique and do not interchange with those of others.

Bottom bracket and pedal threads are BSC/ISO.

-----

Last edited:
Hello. Looks like your bike has a 3-speed rear hub that is missing some parts. I see the push-rod sticking out of the end of the axle. Don't lose that. This should be covered by the bell crank and cable connector. You'll also need the shifter and cable and a few other pieces to make it complete. These are hardy nice riding machines once tuned.

I saw a similar bike for sale near me recently, for $30. Shoddy drop bar conversion, but that’s fixable. Thought it would make a nice winter bike, passed when I realized it doesn’t have fenders.

A0A7909F-3705-498A-8C9B-E8AB22EC42C0.jpeg

With that push rod in the rear hub it looks like that might be a Shimano 333. I'm thinking that may be a replacement wheel. Seems it would have been either a "Sears " stamped hub or maybe a Sachs Torpedo 3-speed hub. Without the shifter it'll be stuck in third gear making it hard to peddle. Parts are not hard to find to fix that if you wanna make it a rider.

I'm thinking it's an odometer. Just got it home and wanted to share this. So want to wash it and my 64 Typhoon, if I have time between errands today

Back