When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears Rail Year Confirmation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pary

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have a Sears 20 inch Rail in very original, excellent condition. I am trying to confirm the year that it was " born". On the bottom of the frame are the numbers 477321 but I cant tell if there were any numbers in front of these as there is a fairy deep scratch with the paint missing. On the frame by the left rear tire are the numbers : "8H074966" am I to believe that this is a 1968 model and also a Huffy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to confirm of what I have.
627033-dda522de836dbf7216b4d185e74c47f7.jpg

bike.jpg

Huffy made Rails for different stores too. Sears, JC Penny, Belknap Hardware to name a few. Yours is a 68 bike. The serial number 8H tells the year on these bikes. First number before the letter is year. Great looking bike.

I have mine just like it but it is very rough. Do you have any interest in selling yours?
Sorry I do not. This was my bike from when I was a kid in 1968. It is a beauty. Even has the original tires that came with it. 100% original.

Back