When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears Screamer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Parkerm463

Look Ma, No Hands!
Haven't posted in a very long time, so I thought I would post some pictures of my Sears Screamer posed up against my little Volkswagen. I've got to say my favorite thing about this bike is the shifter. Definitely going to have to take this bike on campus some day and ride from class to class, wonder what my peers will think?!!!
IMG_20190224_100621.jpg
IMG_20190224_100640.jpg
IMG_20190224_100624.jpg
IMG_20190224_100629.jpg
IMG_20190224_100646.jpg
IMG_20190224_100649.jpg
IMG_20190224_100635.jpg
IMG_20190224_100649.jpg

Cool..I used to ride my cousins when I was a kid! I ended up getting it from her(Pre-internet) and selling it..That was a regret..

-------

Thanks for posting! ;)

At first glance thought it might be one of Sears Steyr-built models but then quickly saw the "gem of the ocean" parentage.

Wondering if blades were made that way or if they are the result of "relaxation" due to pilot going off curbs & down steps.

Cannot help but wonder if twin top tubes would not have been parallel to ground ex-works.

Shifter might be of greater value to collector than complete machine...

---

Edit -

thought process: was thinking machine appeared to be about 1970 so checked Sears catalogue for that year and found the Screamer with its twin top tubes exhibiting an up bubble. then noticed that shifter and chain guard did not match subject machine so checked 1971 and bingo! we have a match. also mistaken about parentage. represents a perpetration of Murray of Ohio rather than "gem of the ocean."

1970 catalogue page:

Sears Screamer catalogue page 1970 .jpg

Screamer of 1971:

Sears Screamer 1971 .jpg

Owner's writeup on cycle:

http://www.nostalgic.net/1971-murray-built-sears-screamer

------

Last edited:
-------

Thanks for posting! ;)

At first glance thought it might be one of Sears Steyr-built models but then quickly saw the "gem of the ocean" parentage.

Wondering if blades were made that way or if they are the result of "relaxation" due to pilot going off curbs & down steps.

Cannot help but wonder if twin top tubes would not have been parallel to ground ex-works.

Shifter might be of greater value to collector than complete machine...

---

Edit -

thought process: was thinking machine appeared to be about 1970 so checked Sears catalogue for that year and found the Screamer with its twin top tubes exhibiting an up bubble. then noticed that shifter and chain guard did not match subject machine so checked 1971 and bingo! we have a match. also mistaken about parentage. represents a perpetration of Murray of Ohio rather than "gem of the ocean."

1970 catalogue page:

View attachment 954504
Screamer of 1971:

View attachment 954505

Owner's writeup on cycle:

http://www.nostalgic.net/1971-murray-built-sears-screamer

------
I'm thinking I'm going to have a restoration project on my hands now

Back