When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears space liner

-

burrolalb

Finally riding a big boys bike
bike experts or spaceliner experts ... i picked up this frame for 15 bucks , it seems like a space liner to me the serial # is 469420 .... im thinking its the one in the photo but could be wrong .... i just need to make sure before i start buying parts .... thanks for you input and keep on rolling #havefun #enjoytheride
c0097ef02dca5116559539dedfab0647.jpg
ecf5a38cde2786034658cb1cfe1c3f70.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

bike experts or spaceliner experts ... i picked up this frame for 15 bucks , it seems like a space liner to me the serial # is 469420 .... im thinking its the one in the photo but could be wrong .... i just need to make sure before i start buying parts .... thanks for you input and keep on rolling #havefun #enjoytheride View attachment 662114View attachment 662115

Hey! I hope all is well, I haven't seen you here in a while.

What you have there is a 1960's Murray frame. It could be a Spaceliner, if the serial starts out with "502". Otherwise, post the whole serial number and I will try to decode it for you. Murray was pretty detailed in their numbers. They also had bikes very similar to the Spaceliner made for the house brand (Murray), JC Penny, Hiawatha-Gambles, Western Flyer, and a few others. Generally, the parts are all the same or interchangeable. The main differences between the different brands, was trim, color, racks, headlight shroud or dash knobs, and chaingaurd. Sometimes a front fender ornament was added.

For $15 you did well!

Last edited:
Thanks for your input ... this is very helpful ... now time to find some parts lol ... ya its a cool frame i think they saved the chrome when they painted over it ...

Thanks for your input ... this is very helpful ... now time to find some parts lol ... ya its a cool frame i think they saved the chrome when they painted over it ...

You're probably right. I'll bet when you strip the paint off you'll find the chrome is in much better shape than normal, and has fewer rust pits.

Back