When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears Spaceliner 24inch

-

aaquiros

On Training Wheels
I just bought a Sears Spaceliner and just realized it's a 24inch. It's a 46325. ITS A 24 inch AND NOT A 26 INCH. Im panicking because It obviously smaller but I'm just wondering if I can somehow convert to 26 inch wheels so I can actually ride it and not seem like the bike is too small for me. I'm 5'8

IMG_20200713_203956.jpg

Besides the larger tires and wheels, you'll need to change out the fork so there's room for the larger diameter wheel and tire, then swap the frame for one that has long enough seat stays for the larger diameter tires and a seat tube that's long enough for your legs. Then you'll need a larger chain ring, a longer chain, and chain guard to go with the new frame, and wider handlebars so everything looks symetrical. You can probably save the seat if it's not a youth sized seat.

Hope this helps some,
Ed

I tried to put 26" wheels on my 24" Flightliner to no avail. The 26 inch wheels would not fit.
- I ended up making a banana seat bike from it.

Aaquiros:
Nice bike! All you need is a long (or layback) seat post and some high-rise (or BMX) handlebars and your 5'-8" human frame will fit nicely on the 24" bike frame. Below is a photo of a 24" Huffy Good Vibrations that I (5'-11") ride comfortably and a photo of my son (5'-11") on a 24" Dyno Glide. Note that he is in full safety gear: helmet, shades, mask, and sandals. Speaking of safety, I would suggest adding a front caliper brake to your bike in case you really need to stop sometime. I added one to the Huffy since the photo was taken..
Have fun!

Find what's called a "Lucky 7" seat post. They were pretty standard on prewar bikes. Or make your own. That would move you up and back. Just turn the clamp in your seat 90°.

Back