When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears Spaceliner:

-

Brougherc

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I found this Sears Deluxe Spaceliner on craigslist. It was really in excellent shape...all I had to do was clean it up, service the kickback hub, chrome paint the plastic housing on the tank...that's it. From reading a post on CABE, it appears to be a "1965-65 26" Deluxe chrome Mens, 2-speed, springer fork, talilight horn". Anyone who has insights into it's value and any other comments are welcome! Serial Number is 469210 647978 and the number 50 is on the left side of the frame where the rear axle nut resides.

Anyone who has insights into it's value and any other comments are welcome!

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

I say you found a VERY NICE , and Proper example of this Model . Here's a link to a reference guide. it has a lot of info. Your bike is in Fantastic shape . Just curious as to how you " Serviced " the Hub . Value varies with location . If your'e happy with what you paid , I'd say your fine. Thanks for sharing this Beauty . :) https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-ultimate-sears-spaceliner-reference.35629/

Thanks for the quick reply. By servicing the hub, I mean when I first got the bike, it would not change gears and when I quit pedaling it would slow quickly. My intuition told me the hub was gummed up. I read up on the hub and decided that it would be a little over my pay-grade to tear apart so I took it to my Local Bike Shop. One of the guys there knew exactly what to do. So he basically cleaned it up, repacked the grease and it work perfectly. I like in Phoenix and I paid $300.00.

On the wiring, I haven't tried to get the lights/horn to work but when I took it apart to clean and paint, it all looked intact. Some cleaning up to do, but I fully expect that the light/horn will work based on appearances.

My Battery tray and wiring were intact , as well as the light holder and reflector . Horn was there but not wired in. I had some work done on my set up to convert to LED lights , and get the horn working again . The wiring was too complicated for me to figure out . I'm very pleased with the end result. Does your rear carrier light work ? From what I've seen , most of the ORIGINAL Lenses on the back go missing ..............you have yours.............you are very fortunate. You have a great bike. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. You'll most likely regret it ( Even at a large profit ) :cool:

IMG_20181215_123408945.jpg

My Battery tray and wiring were intact , as well as the light holder and reflector . Horn was there but not wired in. I had some work done on my set up to convert to LED lights , and get the horn working again . The wiring was too complicated for me to figure out . I'm very pleased with the end result. Does your rear carrier light work ? From what I've seen , most of the ORIGINAL Lenses on the back go missing ..............you have yours.............you are very fortunate. You have a great bike. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. You'll most likely regret it ( Even at a large profit ) :cool:

View attachment 1129658
I haven’t tried the carrier light but, based on our exchange here, I’m going to make getting all the lights to work a project. And converting to LED makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tip! Your chrome cap on the tank looks really nice. Mine looks good but not as “chrome” as I’d like. I contacted a place that would chrome it for me but they wanted $375. I decided to sand, prime and apply about 6 coats of spray chrome paint. Looks good but it’s not chrome :(.

Congratulations, what a beauty. It looks like we both got lucky this week. I picked up this '61 Flightliner yesterday, but haven't had time to get into it yet. Found it on Facebook Marketplace of all places. Enjoy that Spaceliner, and as stated above, hang onto that baby.

I have the rear rack lens soaking in dawn, and water now. Thankfully like yours the batteries weren't left in either holder, but the back tray switch is a bit rusty. So, it'll need some soaking also.
higgins 2.jpg

Last edited:
Part# 4692 was also used in 1963. In 1964, the bikes were no longer labeled JC Higgins but the same bike numbers were now labeled SEARS.

Back