When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears Spyder 10-speed questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnman67

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just picked up a Spyder 10-speed and have a couple questions.
What years were they made (mine has a 1971 DBT license on it).?
What size tires did they have? Mine has a 24x1.75 on the rear with a smooth rim. The front is 24x1 3/8 with a center knurled rim marked EA5 MO Mfg (suspect this is not original).

I can't get pic right now, but it appears to be mostly original. It's dark blue with a black seat and grips. It has regular high rise style bars (no ram horn style).

Can anyone shed some light on this?

You need to give us more info as Murray made a lot of bikes for Sears for a lot of years. A picture will get an answer. Roger

This is not mine, just one I found online. Mine is almost the same except for mine does not have ramhorn handlebars or springer sissybar.

1603027856088.png

I found reference to as far back as 1968 not sure how late ,1971 for sure.From what I have seen they did have different width tires front to back.

Still trying to find info on this bike... I went to a local co-op looking for a wheel and found a girls Spyder (very rusty) that has the same wheel set up (smooth rear knurled front).
Can someone shed light on this??

Huffy probably used the rims/wheels they had is why 2 different kinds of rims. Roger

Wouldn't that have been a Murray product for Sears? Look to see if your rims are stamped M.O. I have some murray products they are marked. Very possible like Roger said they used what was available. There does not seem to be any solid reference so best you can do is compare to others and it seems as though your first attempt tells you your bike is correct. I will keep my eyes out for info. Good luck

Back