When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sears Spyder 5 speed 20"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Sears spyder

That's a 69' Spyder 5 speed. Excellant find. Good job on finding a complete bike. Looks like all you need is the black knob on the shifter. Check the serial number, it's located on the bottom rear left part of the fram next to the rear wheel nut. Look for a 47692 in the serial number. Saw that in an old 1969 Sears Christmas catalog online. If you see that it's a 69'. What was the asking price on the bike?
I have the 1968 version of your bike. Only difference is the short sissy bar.

Hit all the swap meets you can! Sears bikes can be hard to find and can be pricey. Nice find!

I may have the knob

I have a few of the Sears shifters. This bike by the way is a Spyder, which is different than the Spyder 5. Very nice shape!

I am picking up this Spyder on sunday it to needs a shifter handle. Any out there. Sulley

3E13Ga3M55I45F75H5d4ufdffdfd13ba01b64_zp-1.jpg

Some of it is still there.
3G53M13H15Ie5G25J6d4uacfefae2b21713e5_zp-1.jpg

Last edited:
Those shifters are Huret Shifters. You can find them sometimes on ebay. They usually brake on the shifter ball.

Back