When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat crash tabs.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I do not know the gauge, however when I fabricate a set I usually cut them from a period fender that I am not using. The metal appears very similar in gauge and you can make a lot of safety tabs from one fender. You also have the added bonus of using period metal. Don't forget the tiny external finger washer under the tiny flat-head screws for attachment of the tab to the lower seat pan.

Regards,
Bill

Don't know if it'll help...I can get you pictures of my originals with a caliper....

For which saddle? Didn't some come with Messingers? My Dayton has a Persons and one of the original tabs is cracked.

I don’t know what seat you’re looking for the info on, but I have one original from my 40 Westfield and a couple miscellaneous tabs. It’s pretty sturdy.. I can get any measurements for you if you still need info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For which saddle? Didn't some come with Messingers? My Dayton has a Persons and one of the original tabs is cracked.

Hello Chris;
Your HUFFMAN is 43, it's perfectly normal for it to be fitted with a PERSON saddle.
These are some early HUFFMAN model 677 with curved frame wich had MESSINGER saddle.
Regards;
Serge

Hello Chris;
Your HUFFMAN is 43, it's perfectly normal for it to be fitted with a PERSON saddle.
These are some early HUFFMAN model 677 with curved frame wich had MESSINGER saddle.
Regards;
Serge
Hi Serge,

Yes, I understand/knew that. This thread is about the thickness of the tabs. As far as I see, the author did not specify whether it is a Person's or a Messinger, I think the tabs are different depending upon the manufacturer.
Stay healthy,
Chris

Back