When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat for '63 Radiant Blue boy's Traveler

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eric Amlie

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have a good photo of the correct seat for one of these?

It will be my next project when I'm finished with my '64 Flamboyant Lime Varsity.

I have a couple of blue "S" seats, but the color looks like a better match for Sky Blue than Radiant Blue on both of them.

Here is a photo of one that I recently bought on Ebay. The color looks pretty good in the photo, but in person it looks more like a match for Sky Blue.

Seat.jpg

Eric,
Looking at your picture I would say that seat is for a R. Blue frame. Not sure if this info will help or not, but it will show you the light color blue on the 63 and up deluxe seats. I purchased this NOS deluxe crash rail seat and from my research it's for only one model. The 1963 and 64 Corvette, which were offered both years in Radiant Blue, the Jag was not offered in R. Blue after 1962. This seat is much lighter than my 59-62 R. Blue seats.

Attachments

• gf.jpg
    gf.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 98
  • hre.jpg
    hre.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Me...I'm not currently looking for a blue seat, but Dang! that answer made me wish that I was. Nice one.
Eric,
Looking at your picture I would say that seat is for a R. Blue frame. Not sure if this info will help or not, but it will show you the light color blue on the 63 and up deluxe seats. I purchased this NOS deluxe crash rail seat and from my research it's for only one model. The 1963 and 64 Corvette, which were offered both years in Radiant Blue, the Jag was not offered in R. Blue after 1962. This seat is much lighter than my 59-62 R. Blue seats.

Thanks Gary!
I suppose I could use the seat, but I really don't like the color difference. ChucksOldBikes suggested that I use a vinyl dye on the seat to get a better color. I may pursue that, or I may just put a black seat on the bike. Radiant Blue looks pretty good with black handlebar grips and a black seat.

Eric this is the seat that was on my 1962 blue Traveler when I bought it. Roger

Attachments

• IMG_8815.jpg
    IMG_8815.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 75
Eric I did some looking and all the ads I have and looked up show a black seat similar to mine. Roger

Thanks Roger!
As I mentioned, I think black is a good choice with Radiant Blue, and I've never been overly concerned with keeping my bikes absolutely factory correct.

Nor do I care about correctness but the S seats in general are middleweight seats not lightweight seats. Use what you rear is happy with. Roger

Nor do I care about correctness but the S seats in general are middleweight seats not lightweight seats. Use what you rear is happy with. Roger

Not true. There were at least three different S seats with the narrow piece being used only on lightweights. By the mid sixties most all tourist lightweights had the color matching mattress S seats. These were not a pan style seat found on the middleweights.

Not true. There were at least three different S seats with the narrow piece being used only on lightweights. By the mid sixties most all tourist lightweights had the color matching mattress S seats. These were not a pan style seat found on the middleweights.
Used them all the way up to 73, then they shied away from color matching switched to mostly black seats and black grips for most tourist style bikes.

Back