When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat ID inquiry....anyone familiar with these?

-

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I've seen this saddle from time to time...with the cool contoured bar style crashrail
and deep "V" shaped pan in the back. Anyone know what they were stock on ?
And? Looks to be Persons Majestic ? or possibly Falhauber....
not sure. Full size 26" mens saddle....I'd say early 50s

Anybody know for sure what bikes they came on?

seat.JPG

seat1.JPG

seat2.JPG

Person's postwar.

A good way to train your eye on saddles is to inspect any og seat you see with a stamp and noting attachment method at front spring to lower frame. Each company had similar but different methods and once you have familliarized yourself you can tell with one look.

Obviously there are other individual characteristics but this is a good place to start.

Last edited:
Person's postwar.

A good way to train your eye on saddles is to inspect any og seat you see with a stamp and noting attachment method at front spring to lower frame. Each company had similar but different methods and once you have familliarized yourself you can tell with one look.

Obviously there are other individual characteristics but this is a good place to start.

Yep my first assumption....Persons... Big Question is what if any bikes were these stock on ? Or just an accessory saddle?

Prewar & Postwar there were only a handfull of major saddle mfg~ Persons, Mesinger, Troxel & Lobdel and a few others. Bike manufacturers used different brand and quality level seats to satisfy various model requirements, so it can't be categorically said that any specific brand is always on such and such manufacturer.

Study of the catalog specs will help to determine what is correct for bike year/model.

I do know Persons were used often on Columbia Westfield but they were certainly not the only ones.

Last edited:
Yep hear you on that. Been around the block quite a bit with seats over the years...but this particular
saddle has always stumped me. Can't ever recall seeing it on particular model offered...

I have a couple of those and for years wondered what bike they came on ?, anyone know ?

Back