When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat mast crack or no crack...Opinions ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kato

I live for the CABE
Selling a bike and don't want to give anybody a jam-job
Guy asked about frame cracks so I looked the bike over and found this - see pics
It's a perfectly straight line......does not look like a stress fracture crack at all.
Possibly built to lengthen the down tube since the head tube is so much longer on this bike - to level the frame off ???

Got it - seat mast..........Thanks
I'm guessing back in the day - especially those days they made 1 thing work for multiple things.
Remember this was the Depression Era........

Looks like braze joints are the question; not sure if we are looking at lead-solder repairs, or just old joints. I do not think that the frame was changed (e.g., additions), but the microscopic veiws make it hard to discern.
I believe that there is another thread about a bike with the odd looking head tube.

Looks like braze joints are the question; not sure if we are looking at lead-solder repairs, or just old joints. I do not think that the frame was changed (e.g., additions), but the microscopic veiws make it hard to discern.
I believe that there is another thread about a bike with the odd looking head tube.

Strip to bare metal. This will give an idea if it is shonky. Craft built will look way different than shonky built, on the join.

Really? You don't think that seat mast was extended?

Do you think that the seat mast was extended?
It kind of looks like the bike was flipped upside down; or maybe just that one picture.
I believe that there may be another thread about showing us one’s microscopic pictures.
The photographer might back-up just a little bit; (and maybe add some lighting — in front).

Last edited:
Back