When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat pan paint color?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The yellow zinc chromate primer is really showing in those last pictures.
Any other developments with the project Fred ?

Hello,

I just sent the saddle off to get rebuilt. I will be cleaning up the undercarriage on it a lot more prior to a repaint. The saddle needs to be totally restored. It did not weather well these last 70 years. The pedals did not either. I plan to strip the undercarriage, find some flat yellow primer and then a nice coat of O.D. Green. I hve the spokes and nipples painted and just put the first coat on the rims. I will be lacing rims in the next few weeks. I am back working full time so it will be a slow process. I am also rebuilding a 1947 Schwinn DX as my rider and a 1939 DX. My days are full.

Fred
Sparta

Hello,

Here are some pictures of what I have picked up and gotten ready for the bike. My biggest chore will be to relace the wheels and find a couple of internal parts for the rear hub. I picked up a pump and clamp(Iam working on a correct hose), Bevins bell, front light, replacement spokes, nipples, and rims. I also picked up some small hand tools and oilers. I got the fenders rolled out. By next week I can get the crank, pedals, fenders, chain guard ,light headset and handle bars back on. It is actually starting to take shape.

Fred
Sparta

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0539.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG

Fred. When you get a chance, could you measure the front of the seat spring to the back of the spring . I don’t have a g519 saddle yet but I have a few prewar Persons but they seem to be long. Thanks
6104F0E6-A2A2-49E6-AB0B-6DEF7495A525.jpeg

Sam

Thanks Fred. If you find any extra parts let me know. I need a bell , air pump & bracket. Enjoy seeing your progress.

Sam,

I got the bell off of ebay and gave it a coat of paint. The hard part was finding the bottom bracket for it All of $9. I got the pump and bracket from the CABE. I am working on building the correct hose for it. I have a repro bracket for the pump that I got from Bergerwerk.

Fred
Sparta

My civilian 41 seat spring is about 1” longer. The pan looks Identical to yours and my frame looks about 1/2 to 1” longer. I hope to find a g519 saddle one of these days. No bike funds right now. Living in Pa and being self employed not a good combination. No income for 6 weeks. The Emperor of Pa says I can go back to work the 8th.

Last edited:
Hello,

Finally got the undercarriage for the saddle apart. Thank you Evapo-Rust!!! I have cleaned it up and will start repainting this weekend before it rains. A yellow primer first and then a nice lusterless O.D. Green.

Fred
Sparta

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

Back