When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat pan paint color?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello,

While Bill is replacing the leather and redoing the pans, I am working on the undercarriage. I got it stripped and cleaned the other day and got it primed today. I still have some small nuts, bolts and washers to prime but I am getting there.

Fred
Sparta

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

Looking good Fred. I’m having a bit of a dilemma with my seat too. Trying to mix civilian and military parts and having fun.
Could you measure the Frame bar ? I’m thinking put the two “fork” ends up against a flat surface, then measure the center line to the front bolt loop.
Thanks.

I will get on that in just a bit. I purchased some seat parts off ebay that I thought I could use as replacements. The threads ended up being fine threads not course.

Fred
Sparta

Thanks Fred. This is what I’m contending with...
Pale green is civilian Persons, OD is from what
I believe is/was either a WLA or a Simplex = very
big seat pan and bracket for big seat post. Actually
very similar to a Persons Whizzer seat, Except it
clearly had Military OD and yellow zinc primer paint.

And where did you get that yellow primer ? :smiley:

Last edited:
Hello,

The yellow is not a primer but a high gloss rustoleum. Cheapest thing on Walmart's shelves. I found a flat Aircraft grade yellow that was supposed to be a deep golden yellow but it was super pale. Totally wrong color. I went down to Walmart and found a yellow I liked, bought 3 different colors of, and painted it. The flat OD should cover it. If it doesn't I can always start over. I will get a picture of the can I used. I am very happy with the color. The original Yellow looked pretty glossy to. It definitely was not flat.

I had the fenders rolled and have done a lot of small misc stuff to the bike. The color is original. I did not mess with that. I will touch up some paint loss where the paint came of due to the fender rolling. I purchased a head light which was NOS and mint. I aged it a bit so it did not look out of place. It is coming along. I straightened the chain guard and need to get new bolts, and nuts for it. I forgot to get a picture of the reflector but did get it on. Next weekend I will try my hand at lacing a wheel, 2 to be exact!!

Fred
Sparta

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

Hello,

Now lets get back to seat pan color! I just had my saddle returned to me from a refurbishment. Bill Strong, HUFFMANBILL, did the job and I could not have been any more pleased. My bike is rather worn so I needed it to look used and dark. This was an awesome job!!!! If I ever have another seat to get redone I know where I am going!!! Thanks Bill! By Sunday I should have it reattached to the undercarriage and by next week the wheels should be done!!

Fred
Sparta

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

Back