When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Post Clamp Removal?

-

JLF

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Question for more capable CABER’s.

On frames like my 1950’s Monark with a permanently attached seat post clamp. Are these simply tack welded? Press fit? Or?

My idea is to remove and replace with an early 1980’s anodized alloy BMX / MTB seat post clamp on my Klunker project. Example shown.

Before I ruin anything, I thought I’d ask the experts. Perhaps pry off? Dremel? Thanks!

4CCF6CDC-630D-4F43-A6B6-3FCCA5BB86D6.jpeg
6CFE2BAF-F16B-4A54-8921-255F2A5C4148.jpeg

Hhmm. I'd try taking out the bolt, sticking a big, flat-blade screwdriver in the space and prying. You should be able to see how things are connected. If you feel strongly about the BMX clamp (which is pretty cool), you should be able to get the existing clamp off with a cutting wheel, even if it's tack welded somewhere. As far as "Before I ruin anything," remember that "The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave.";)
Have fun!

• Haha
Reactions: JLF
Back