When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat post size? Early 80s Murray cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

AmandaHSanDiego

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Quick part first... What is the size the seatpost on an early 80s Murray cruiser?

So a wierd thing happened, I bought enough parts bikes for my project bike to have a whole new bike 😮.

Fortunately all the leftovers are Murray and the frame is an early 80s men's cruiser. The only thing that isn't fitting from my parts is the seatpost. The earlier spares are too small (7/8") and modern posts are too big.

Buy a cheap digital caliper and measure the hole size. You can get one at HF for less than $5 and you will have the RIGHT answer and you can use it many times in the future. Roger

Measure it. If no size is available that will fit, it is probably 21.15mm. Impossible to get because nobody makes it, and online it's identity is often crossed up with another size. Murray has used 21.15 seat posts at some point, but you won't know for sure until you measure.

If you can verify it is 21.15 with a caliper, at least you know what you are looking for. If you cannot find one, Wald makes a shim for stems that can work. It is far from a perfect solution but can work in a pinch. Use a Chicago Schwinn post with the shim.

Back