When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Spring for Schwinn Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Circa 1958-68 Schwinn men’s middleweight seat spring needed. One of the originals in my 1959 Corvette is bent. Originals only, I don’t want reproduction. That would look out of place on the bike.

E1B4E8AA-DA6D-4C14-9344-BFFD35EB0320.jpeg

I'm sure I have one. I was hope ing someone else would step up so I wouldn't have to go digging. Do you need the right or left side? I may be wrong, but I think one " threads in" with right hand threads, and one is left.

I'm sure I have one. I was hope ing someone else would step up so I wouldn't have to go digging. Do you need the right or left side? I may be wrong, but I think one " threads in" with right hand threads, and one is left.

You know, I’m not sure. I did not label them before taking apart. I tossed the bent one. I guess I’m in trouble! They looked the same?

They look the same but one has a right hand twist, and one left. I'm pretty sure. I have restored a lot of seats and some both twist right, some both twist left and some are mixed, one right one left. As I recall, the saddles on the Corvette's use one of each. If you look at the chassie where the springs go in, one side of the hole is kinda higher the other. If both holes look the same, it uses the same spring. If they look somewhat different, they use one left and one right twist springs. I'll see if I can find a pic showing the difference someplace and post it.

I just looked at the spring you posted a pic of. It has a left hand twist.

They look the same but one has a right hand twist, and one left. I'm pretty sure. I have restored a lot of seats and some both twist right, some both twist left and some are mixed, one right one left. As I recall, the saddles on the Corvette's use one of each. If you look at the chassie where the springs go in, one side of the hole is kinda higher the other. If both holes look the same, it uses the same spring. If they look somewhat different, they use one left and one right twist springs. I'll see if I can find a pic showing the difference someplace and post it.

I just looked at the spring you posted a pic of. It has a left hand twist.

Here’s my seat, and the spring I still have. Based on this, what side do I need?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge!

43C90DF7-9922-4098-B6F8-25EB959824B6.jpeg

CFD1D066-602C-47AD-A559-BE234DBFB76D.jpeg

5D640C31-1A03-4EE5-AF2F-7E9B5C7889FE.jpeg

Yup, one side is right hand and one side is left. Looks to me like the one you have left is a left hand twist.
Looking at the seat upside down from the rear it looks like the left hand spring goes in the left side, and the right hand, the right.

I'm sure I have the spring you need, I'll try digging for it in the next day or so.

Welp, you better make double sure on the right and left hand springs. Both the same springs on these newer Mesingers. I'll bet you a spring and a donut they are both the same.

Back