When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Spring for Schwinn Corvette

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just got to thinking. I have both the Mesinger tag and Schwinn Approved tag on some of my bikes and since the Schwinn Approved parts are made to Schwinn' s specifications I thought there could be a difference. Just check my 61 seat tagged Mesinger and my 58 and 62 seat tagged Schwinn Approved. All these seat springs have the same twist on both sides.

Just got to thinking. I have both the Mesinger tag and Schwinn Approved tag on some of my bikes and since the Schwinn Approved parts are made to Schwinn' s specifications I thought there could be a difference. Just check my 61 seat tagged Mesinger and my 58 and 62 seat tagged Schwinn Approved. All these seat springs have the same twist on both sides.

Veddy Interesting!

Yup, one side is right hand and one side is left. Looks to me like the one you have left is a left hand twist.
Looking at the seat upside down from the rear it looks like the left hand spring goes in the left side, and the right hand, the right.

I'm sure I have the spring you need, I'll try digging for it in the next day or so.

Great! Thanks!!

I suppose I could be wrong. It is a bit hard to tell from the pics...

I was looking at the pics on my phone and I just blew up the pics. They ARE both left hand twist!

My apologies.

And once again Gts58 makes me look like a putz...

I was looking at the pics on my phone and I just blew up the pics. They ARE both left hand twist!

My apologies.

You brought up a good question and you're not a putz, this subject just happened to be fresh in my mind do to getting the wrong one left one right springs not to long ago. I do have at least one Mesinger somewhere where it did take a R & L spring but can't remember what it was now. So I buy a set of new springs from that memory and guess what. Yep, I needed both lefts not one of each.

My apologies.

You are not a putz, you and GT provided information I did not have.

I’m the putz for throwing out the damaged spring before obtaining the replacement

something does not look right here....seat springs are usually right and left, not two lefts or two rights. Schwinny is different? Not sure about this. Please post better pics of your seat pan bottom from an angle, and make sure both seat spring openings with the up bend is shown. Someone may have bent one of the seat frame tabs down or up to accommodate the same "twist" in order to be able to use two left hand springs.

I have these two off of same seat , I can bring them to Fairborn Saturday if you want

BA7568A6-B91C-4DC1-84A6-D0611E1F50B2.jpeg

7E2E1363-9DF1-41E1-90C6-BD9D1336DBBE.jpeg

something does not look right here....seat springs are usually right and left, not two lefts or two rights. Schwinny is different? Not sure about this. Please post better pics of your seat pan bottom from an angle, and make sure both seat spring openings with the up bend is shown. Someone may have bent one of the seat frame tabs down or up to accommodate the same "twist" in order to be able to use two left hand springs.

I can't say if it's a Schwinn thing or not, but all my deluxe Mesingers on Schwinn middleweights from 1958 thru 1963 have two left? springs. I haven't checked my my Mesinger Cruiser/exerciser seats but I'm thinking those may be the ones that I had to get one right and left spring.

Back