When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Second Pattern BSA Paratrooper Bicycle Register

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
R53105 Unknown Owner, Netherlands

Photo from Ebay/Worthpoint

1666868129509.png

Hi @Cossack38

I came across this statement on the Captain Stevens website about Canadian BSA disposals. I know you're not in San Francisco, but perhaps yours is from the same source?

"A fair number were sold surplus in Western Canada by the Bay and by Capital Iron (surplus store). They sold for about $4 to $10 each. It has been reported that quite a few were repainted red and sold in the San Francisco area."

Best regards,

Adrian

Congrats for taking on this project. Your post is quickly becoming the world's largest collection of folding BSA images. I know of several unrecorded in this area (but not for sale) and will try to get photos/#s.
Thank you again!
Kryn

Hi Kryn @ditchpig

Thanks for your knid words. (-:

I'm going to (more or less) take a pause at this point to start analysing and tabulating what's here, since it's getting just a few too many for me to remember them all. Also, I'm going to be otherwise occupied a lot of the time for the next two to three weeks.

I am starting to see patterns (the BSA marked wingnuts for example), there we have two bikes close in S/N with them. I'd like to see a few mor S/N's around that point to see what's happening. I remember someone years ago with them on his bike being told there were replacement wheel nuts, so changing them for the smooth type. Perhaps they were correct after all.

I'm surprised how many first pattern survivors I've pulled up, but then, if they were originally about 1/7 of production, the survival rate is about right.

It has been frustrating the number of times (about 50%) I've found and read details of a bike, only for the s/n not to be included. I decided early on not to include these in the 2nd Pattern listings, but I have included them in the first pattern listings, at the risk that I might put up a post for the same bike twice.

Any further information you (or anyone else) can add would be welcome. I havn't searched Facebook yet, and I think that, and perhaps Milweb and Tonton velo are about the last major databases to go through.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back