When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Second Pattern BSA Paratrooper Bicycle Register

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Deleted post.
Thankyou so much for linking the flyer/poster. I like your repro tire idea but it would be hard to justify without guaranteed sales like a prepaid custom order. The size is so specific. I'm hoping this post will also discuss the pumps, tool pouches and lights among other rarer additions found with these bikes. The saddles had the loops and the frame has the light bracket. I have seen someone reproducing/fabricating a replica brake caliper on a one by one custom basis....recently, but can't recall the site. Did B.S.A ever issue a rear rack for the folder? Aside from the awkward front rack some used, I have not seen a branded rear one.....? The frame insignias have been reproduced accurately but to me don't seem to have that 'patina' that the original screens did. Oh, and is there a modern source for cloth braided brake cables? I found some gold and silver but not the brown/straw colour that's more correct. Too many questions, I know.
Then there are the rifle mounts...but I suspect they were custom.
Kryn

20221101_112007.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question for other BSA Paratrooper owners... Do you find the original retractable "pedals" awkward to ride? Perhaps mine don't turn as freely as they should. They roll under my shoes when pedaling, and I have to continuously reposition my feet. They might work better with heeled WWII combat boots though...

Quick question for other BSA Paratrooper owners... Do you find the original retractable "pedals" awkward to ride? Perhaps mine don't turn as freely as they should. They roll under my shoes when pedaling, and I have to continuously reposition my feet. They might work better with heeled WWII combat boots though...
Yes, the rod basically stays locked at the heel. So it's just like you say.
Kryn

Last edited:
R77467 of @Wing Your Heel , originally UK, now Asia

Photo Credit :Wing Your Heel
1668028212789.png

No pedal boss reinforcement. This is unusual, but since it is one of the last bikes, perhaps they were using old stock?

Back