When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking info on Torpedo Werke tandem bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Turbodog

On Training Wheels
I found this bike buried in weeds and vines at an abandoned campsite. Saw the unusual forks and as I pulled it out, was astonished to find it was a tandem. I'm seeking any info on the company that made it or some idea of when it was made. I have found out it was made by Torpedo Werke, but can't seem to find much info about the company and haven't found many pics of bikes made by them. And no pictures of tandems at all. I intend to restore this to at least rideable condition again for my wife and I to enjoy. Any help or photos would be deeply appreciated. First post, so please forgive if posted in the wrong section. Thanks!

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

rear wheel hub.JPG

Imported in the 50's - 70's.
Rixie Tandem with a Girder fork .
Fork is the $$ here

Thanks for the heads up about Rixe Tandem bikes. Looking at pictures of those, I can't deny that the front end of this bike does seem to match what's on the Rixe's. However the rest of the bike is definitely Torpedo Werke. I suppose someone could have swapped out the forks at some point.

Back