When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking info on Viking bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi @DReid

Thanks for that.

E5 says the frame was made in May 1938 (E is a code for 1938, 5 is the fifth month).

C44195 is the serial number, which says that the bike was built up not long (one or two months) after May 1938.

1938 was a slow year for Westfield, so relatively fewer bikes from 1938 survive.

Best Regards,

Adrian
So the E 12 is 1938 December on my Westfield? I thought the C was the year.
My serial is E12
C130222

So the E 12 is 1938 December on my Westfield? I thought the C was the year.
My serial is E12
C130222
Hi @Mustgn87

And Welcome to the CABE.

E12 was stamped on the frame first, when the frame was made, and H12 is December 1938.

Once the bicycle was complete, or possibly when it started down the assembly line, but certainly after it had been painted, the number C130222 was allocated to it. There can sometimes be a difference of many months between these numbers, depending how long the frame remained in stock. But in this case, C130222 is also December 1938, since it is almost the last bicycle built that year. C130896 was the last, built December 31st 1938, and they were making hundreds of bicycles a day.

Please show us pictures of your bikes, we are always interested to see them.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back