When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking info on Viking bicycle

-

DReid

On Training Wheels
I’d welcome info and restoration suggestions for my Dad’s prized Viking bike—ca 1935? He was ten when he got it, and he rode it all over the county, logging several thousand miles on the odometer. He loved this bike: it is complete and untouched, but the decades stored in the barn haven’t been kind to it. I’d like to clean it up, but want to keep it as close as possible to original condition. Would be grateful for any helpful advice.

Hi,

As confirmed above, it was built by Westfield, around 1940.

If you can give us the two sets of numbers off the bottom under the crank, than we can date it to the month for you.

There will be a long number, starting with a letter (possibly E or F, you'll need to check carefully if it's one of those, sometimes the bottom bar of the is lightly struck on the curved surface), followed by five or six numbers. Above that will be a single letter, followed by one or two numbers from 1 to 12.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back