When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking ND Model "CC" hub information.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

WillWork4Parts

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It's another !!!IT CAME FROM EBAY!!! find.

The price of the parts lot was definitely cheap enough that I had to have it.... even for curiosity's sake.

PXL_20230502_004048158.jpg

PXL_20230502_004107540.jpg

PXL_20230502_004139546.jpg

Turns out that most of the parts were there minus the left side bearing, axle, a couple discs, one nut and the LH threaded dust cover. The brake side race is pretty neat considering it has the contoured "dust cap" machined into it, all one piece. The uneventful search I had, came up with the Model "CC" hub being for juvenile bicycles, but this hub shell is 36 spoke. I've never seen a 16" wheel with that many spokes.

Is there someone out there with better knowledge of this model hub?
I'd be interested in seeing literature on this model or any more information I can absorb.

First thought when I saw the CC stamp was since I cannot find an affordable DD stamped hub, it would be cool to build it up with my 2 speed parts!

I have seen Junior hubs on juvenile bikes. The Bendix junior hubs had only one brake shoe. The junior brakes usually had a different degrees of crank rotation to make it quicker/easier for a little kid to get it to stop. They usually had only 24 to 28 spoke holes.

Looking your sprocket it has had lots of miles of use. Maybe from a delivery bike? Kool find, sorry I do not have anything to add. I have not seen one.

John

Member Gary MC postulated that the Model CC was a chromium-plated version of the model C (versus nickel-plated).

Another member sold a CB Hub with a CC shell and an "Endee" youth's brake arm.
Not sure if CC means youth's model though.
Still trying to figure out the differences between Models C & D myself.

Last edited:
Member Gary MC postulated that the Model CC was a chromium-plated version of the model C (versus nickel-plated).

Another member sold a CB Hub with a CC shell and an "Endee" youth's brake arm.
Not sure if CC means youth's model though.
Still trying to figure out the differences between Models C & D myself.
I believe the biggest difference between Model C and Model D hubs are the brake disc count and thickness, and friction clip arrangement.
I haven't had a Model C in hand for quite some time though, in my CC search I think I saw they have this same shape brake side cone that didn't come with the dust cap either.

I don't have the island cycle supply catalog handy, can someone flip thru it and see if the CC is in there?

I don't have the island cycle supply catalog handy, can someone flip thru it and see if the CC is in there?
The Island Cycle catalog is from 38. Amazingly, at this point they weren’t even distributing Model C parts other than the discs, oiler and oiler cap. As noted below, “All other parts are the same as those for the Model D brake.”

IMG_0169.jpeg

Back