Seeking originality information on black fender (1947 - 1949) Roadmaster Luxury Liners

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TieDye

I live for the CABE
I have edited the titles of other posts of mine, but for some reason, I don’t have that option here. Maybe it’s the number of comments?
No. You should be able to edit it. You have to click edit up in that area, not the text of your first post.

TieDye

I live for the CABE
ADMIN REQUEST: Is it possible to change the title of this from "(1947 - 1948)" to "(1947 - 1949)", please? My research has revealed at least one solidly original example from 1949, H67241 CW.

On the note of originality, I have been compiling a spreadsheet of all of the painted fender examples that I can locate. The current copy is below. The live version may be found here. I appreciate any and all additions to it.

Owner or photographerserial numberMarketed to menMarketed to womenblue / whiteblack / red
ballooneyA60422 CWxxRetains early rack and forks but later tank and fenders
cbustapeckA60964 CWxx
KscheelA83796 CW
Tim Keith 59C14622 CWxx
piercer_99C22564 CWxx
Sc62 and pre-restoD00594 CWxx
DaveprezG09162 CWxx
riderickH67241 CWxx
chucksoldbikesx
Dave Strombergerxx
eBay via Pinerestxx
modelceller1xx
Nickinatorx

Big edit:

The thing that I mentioned in a previous post as being a crack in one of the little tubes that the rear fender attaches to is, in fact, an open seam. I cannot think why this would be done, but it was.
In regards to your comment "
Big edit:
The thing that I mentioned in a previous post as being a crack in one of the little tubes that the rear fender attaches to is, in fact, an open seam. I cannot think why this would be done, but it was."
Frames of this time, 46 to 48 or so, do have a slit in those areas. It looks like someone forgot to weld it, but it's original. We have several like it. Pics here of what's normal on most of those frames. I think this is what you're talking about, right?

20201105_230549.jpg

20201105_230617.jpg

cbustapeck

Finally riding a big boys bike
In regards to your comment "
Big edit:
The thing that I mentioned in a previous post as being a crack in one of the little tubes that the rear fender attaches to is, in fact, an open seam. I cannot think why this would be done, but it was."
Frames of this time, 46 to 48 or so, do have a slit in those areas. It looks like someone forgot to weld it, but it's original. We have several like it. Pics here of what's normal on most of those frames. I think this is what you're talking about, right?

View attachment 1296902

View attachment 1296903
Yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about - thank you so much for that information. The seam on mine is a bit more open, but that’s exactly it. Thank you!

TieDye

I live for the CABE
Yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about - thank you so much for that information. The seam on mine is a bit more open, but that’s exactly it. Thank you!
We have another one that is open a bit farther too. I didn't want to stand on my head to get a picture though. :)