When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seiberling Old bicycle going for sale! Anything you can tell me about this bike??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Caroline_drumm

On Training Wheels
This bike was my great grandmother's and I was asked to fix it up so it could be sold after my great grandfather recently passed. I don't know what year this is, but i'm hoping you guys could help me out. I have the serial number and pictures. I don't really know how much these bikes go for either. I do know that the paint is not original. My great grandmother painted it unfortunately. The original color is green. Not sure if I can find the original paint and if it's best to paint it or leave it. The original Seiberling wheels are still on it and I haven't done anything to it yet. Anything you can tell me about this bike would be great.
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

1941 - except for a light and possibly the missing drop stand and clip... looks like original parts. Maybe a boys seat, always hard to tell in pictures.
Value is in the rack, chain guard and truss rods.
Since most Colson girls bike parts are interchangeable with boys bikes... a lot of these are parted.
If the interest is there, keep the bike, you have nearly everything the bike might have been optioned with and it should not take much effort to get this dependable.

Tim

1941 - except for a light and possibly the missing drop stand and clip... looks like original parts. Maybe a boys seat, always hard to tell in pictures.
Value is in the rack, chain guard and truss rods.
Since most Colson girls bike parts are interchangeable with boys bikes... a lot of these are parted.
If the interest is there, keep the bike, you have nearly everything the bike might have been optioned with and it should not take much effort to get this dependable.

Tim
I would love to keep this bike but it now belongs to my grandfather and I have to pay for it to keep it. How much do you think this could be worth? If it's not worth much then I'll most likely take it but if not then I was thinking about trying to strip the first layer of paint to get down to the original? would that increase the price? I did some research and found that acetone, easy-off oven cleaner, or a specific stripper brand could work. I'm a little nervous to what's under it because of the rusting that I can already see but worse comes to worse I can repaint it the original color. I'm just not sure what to do next. I hope these pictures help a bit.
image5.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Back