When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell me a fork or buy this 24" Columbia.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sailorbenjamin

Finally riding a big boys bike
The steerer tube is bent beyond my ability to heal, but the rest of the bike is ok. I've even bought new tires for it. A matching tealish green 24" fork would make my day. I might just get a generic chrome one, don't want it too shiny, though.
I'm into this thing for about a hundred bucks, plus several hours of fussing with it. Wouldn't mind getting that back out of it, but that was before I figured out that the fork was forked.
The pedals are pretty beat and the crank is bent, but I've got another crank and I've repacked the hubs. The frame is not bent. It's currently dismantled and comes with the new tires and the old ones (chain treads. Usable, I guess. Ugly though.)
DSCN4027_zps0b77a481-1.jpg

DSCN4029_zps36066fbf-1.jpg

DSCN4028_zps940bb31d-1.jpg

DSCN4030_zps5aba8f54-1.jpg

Straighten it! It's not the worst I've seen get repaired.. that title would go to a particular Shelby. You could straighten it with a vice and some well-placed wood blocks or just heat the sucker but take it slow if you do this. I've done a handful each way.

I can straighten the fork for you. Pay shipping both ways and ill do it as a favor. No problem. I do them all the time in my hydraulic press. Keep that neat little 24 " bike original and on the road.

Well, straightening the blades isn't a problem, I have a jig for doing that. The steerer tube is kind of corkscrewed. The headset bearings won't seat right. There's a good thread here about just welding on a new steerer but I don't have the time. Time to move on. I'll PM you about that straightening. I'd love to see this one through. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back