When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller says 1957.....maybe 1987 ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Robert Troub

I live for the CABE
I have NO idea what these numbers mean ....or refer to....seller is 100% certain these are 1957 bikes.......I tried, and was re-buffed......

Screenshot_20220730-122627.png

Screenshot_20220730-122651.png

Screenshot_20220730-122610.png

Screenshot_20220730-122557.png

After some info sharing...the swearing started from the seller......why do people get so angry?!.....if I had a wrong item listed, I would want to know.......
I can answer that. If the seller is a person who is dumb enough to think that these are 50s, even with access to the internet which would in every way show him otherwise, then he is also the type to be dumb enough to get angry over someone trying to share knowledge with him. Some people will get angry over nothing, or they think they know it all and are never wrong. No one likes to be wrong, but some people cannot take it. I cannot fathom the mindset of people like that, but I have seen them. Was the guy in his 20s or 30s, because I would think if he was any older he would be able to immediately know that they are not 50s?

After some info sharing...the swearing started from the seller......why do people get so angry?!.....if I had a wrong item listed, I would want to know.......
Over the years I've messaged quite a few eBay sellers in an attempt to help them correct their listings. Many are thankful for the information and corrected their listing and less than handful were real jerks. One was an occasional member here I found out later, and another one is a well known butcher of Schwinns that built fake Cruiser 5's. When you list a chrome part and say it's NOS you have to make sure it's not all marked up from a wrench or from being previously mounted. If it was a part taken off a somewhat nice or new bike, then it's called a new take off, not NOS.

That seller undoubtably, went to the on line serial check and so, thinks everybody else must be trying to rip them off. Not to leave out; also thinks all Schwinn bikes are golden.

Back