When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller says it’s a wartime bike but....

-

flyingtaco

Finally riding a big boys bike
She didn’t know anything about it. Can anybody tell me what it is? She said she was offered $200 for the saddle.
Sorry for the crap photos.

Not sure on the frame etc. but she should have taken the $200 offer on the saddle. It looks to be in good shape but I'm thinking more like $100 tops. Some of the old Brooks had a date stamp underneath on the cantle plate. Rear rack looks like a Prestube Minor that can be found on many Raleighs only it's missing the sprung wire topper (mouse trap).

Could be, if normally chromed parts like hubs, chain ring, and bars/stem are actually factory painted. This one looks like an attack of the spray bomb though.

Post war undoubtedly. I really don't think Great Britain was producing bikes during the war, plus it has actual rear drop outs.

Don't know why people think those old dried out Brooks saddles are worth so much .
You could probably buy a new B-66 for $200.00
Bike looks like it was built by Raleigh.
I would clean some of the skunge off the rear hub it's probably Sturmey Archer and may have a date on it.

Last edited:
Back