When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling fenders with lights or not?

-

Hukah

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello group.
I couldn’t figure out where to post this topic.
If this is the wrong discussion board please let me I’d appreciate any help in directing this post to it’s correct location.
Thx

so I bought a fender set that came with a delta ray body with no cover.
I found a nicely patina’d cover and got a new lens for it only to now decide that I’m not going to use the set.
Id like to ask your opinions on putting this up for sale/what’s my better choice;
Should I sell the set with the light included, or sell the light separately?
I know I’ll get less selling them together but it’ll also be more difficult to sell the fenders alone.
I’m torn.
Any opinions you want to offer to maybe help me decide?

thanks gang

I'd sell them separate and mention the light in the text of the fender listing. I'll never figure out why so many people sell rrelated bike parts but fail to mention checking their other listings.

I bought fenders for my DX a year or so ago, and after I paid I decided to see what else he had and there was the light along with the rest of the bike.

Hello group.
I couldn’t figure out where to post this topic.
If this is the wrong discussion board please let me I’d appreciate any help in directing this post to it’s correct location.
Thx

so I bought a fender set that came with a delta ray body with no cover.
I found a nicely patina’d cover and got a new lens for it only to now decide that I’m not going to use the set.
Id like to ask your opinions on putting this up for sale/what’s my better choice;
Should I sell the set with the light included, or sell the light separately?
I know I’ll get less selling them together but it’ll also be more difficult to sell the fenders alone.
I’m torn.
Any opinions you want to offer to maybe help me decide?

thanks gang
Shipping fenders is usually a deal breaker. Might try to list the package first. V/r Shawn

Shipping fenders is usually a deal breaker. Might try to list the package first. V/r Shawn
Thanks that’s another strike for sure. If you’re already paying for the fender size it might be worth it if you’re getting a light too.
The fenders aren’t that great of condition paint-wise but solid with no dents, so they’re not going to be “hot” item by themselves.
Thanks for your thoughts on this.

price them with shipping included if that is an issue. recently purchased a fender set for $75.00 shipped here on the CABE I would have happily paid $75.00 cash at a swap meet.

SOOOooo.
While cleaning and prepping the fenders for sale I have suddenly noticed that this is not a “set” of fenders at all!!
Turns out the front fender is a 24”.
And what’s worse?
Of course…don’t you know it, I bought them right here from a CABEr.

how would you proceed?

Shipping costs have really hurt our hobby and many others too. It's depressing when the postage is higher than the cost of the part. Gary
Remember that before the internet we had no way to know that there were so many cool things that people wanted to sell. There was no need for shipping. Overall, the hobby has greatly benefitted from the internet and the related need for shipping.

Thanks for the input fellas I do appreciate it.
Since this turned out to be a 24 inch fender it made my path forward more clear; it does have a Delta Ray fender light on it and that’s going to be sold separately now.
hopefully I can find somebody that’s interested in a 24 inch fender, which is actually a good looking fender in pretty nice condition other than paint fading..

I’ll consider this topic closed now on my part.
Thank you all for your views.

Back