When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Selling it all LAST REDUCTION TO $825

-
Price
$ 1100 asking
Zipcode
Thanks for the many kind thoughts. For a long time I was able to fight back by riding but lately things have gone down hill. Four years ago I was doing about 2k a year, then 1k, last year 500 and this year only about 100 miles so far. Due to a combination of 2 issues my left leg has atrophied about 25% so it wants to be in one gear while the right wants to be in another! Talk about a jerky pedal cadence! ;)

Amazingly, the only time I'm without pain is when I'm on the bike but leg strength just isn't there to ride any distance.

Doc says my riding has enabled me to make it this far so my advice to everyone is get on your bikes and ride! I ain't quittin' yet but I really don't need all the supplies and bikes I once used in my "glory" days.

BY THE WAY, HERE ARE SOME OTHER THINGS THAT ARE INCLUDED:

Mag Trainer....new never used

Nice Raleigh Athena Frame & factory front/rear lights

A new old stock VDO bike clock (VDO also made gauges for VW)

Wheel chocks and a box of squewers

A really cool light assembly meant for moped but would also work on a bicycle......new old stock

One of the 2 or 3 skiptooth chains listed in first post

Skiptooth stuff from an unknown bike

Colson rear carrier

Last edited:
Hola sorry about your health conditions, I send my best wishes and hope you continues to enjoy the hobby!!! GLWS

Thanks for your concern but unfortunately parkinsons is a progressivve disease. It screws up your life in many ways including tremors, loss of coordination, eyesight, strength, etc, and when it's done playing with you, it shuts down a vital organ(s) of its' choice and kills you. I was already in great physical condition when it was diagnosed so there was only one way to go.

I was diagnosed 11 years ago and since have ridden over 10,000 miles, however 6,000 were in the first 3 1/2 years and my yearly total shrunk to only 500 last year and 2020 to date only 115.

I'm facing a double whammy in that parkinsons has effected my left side along with an additional burdens of siatica and spinal stenosis. My left leg is 20% weaker and smaller than my right leg so when pedaling one leg is always in the "wrong" gear because there is such a difference in strength and muscle mass.

Additionally, my doctor has advised me to avoid hills, even small ones, as much as possible because it puts stress on my back. He's right on the money there because on those rare days on which I feel fairly pain free, I'll jump on the bike and do some sprints which I pay for later when the pain level goes thru the roof.

Coupled with all the above is the inevitable loss of strength, coordination, and stamina that comes with aging: I'm 73. At 60 I was playing full court basketball with HS kids but my second hip surgery, and the ravages of time put an end to that.

I will always do my best to wear out, not rust out so I keep riding and advise the same to any one. One of these days I will go down, but not without a fight. :grimacing:

And again, thanks for your concern.

Back