When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling local only.....put info in FYI section or ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kato

I live for the CABE
I have a couple bikes that I'm looking to sell local only.
Because of some pretty serious family health issues I don't have time to take them apart and ship.
I'm posting both up on the local C-list but am not sure if I should post up the links of my own bikes on the FYI section..........????? I'd hate to have someone interested and want them to be shipped.

Leave them on the local C-list and that's it, OK to put on The CABE FYI section or list in the Complete Bikes For Sale section with Local Pick-Up only ???

Have you considered offering to drop them off at a local bike shop for packaging? I bought a clean Schwinn heavy-duti off a guy on ebay, he didn't know how to ship, so I had him drop it off at a bike shop near him, they packed it up and I had it picked up through bikeflights. It might help your sales and get those bikes to the people who really want them, and you don't have to worry about packaging them.

Have you considered offering to drop them off at a local bike shop for packaging? I bought a clean Schwinn heavy-duti off a guy on ebay, he didn't know how to ship, so I had him drop it off at a bike shop near him, they packed it up and I had it picked up through bikeflights. It might help your sales and get those bikes to the people who really want them, and you don't have to worry about packaging them.

I kicked that around....the bike shop cost of tearing down will really cut into the deal
I don't think the bikes are valuable enough that the buyer would want to pay for that extra cost and on the flip-side I really don't want to pay a bike shop to do it.
If I can't find someone local or figure something out I'll probably just wait or maybe post up here on The CABE with stipulation of Local Only.

*** Bikes are posted on Cincinnati C-list / Bikes / Owner / Vintage in search......in case anyone reads this :)

I kicked that around....the bike shop cost of tearing down will really cut into the deal
I don't think the bikes are valuable enough that the buyer would want to pay for that extra cost and on the flip-side I really don't want to pay a bike shop to do it.
If I can't find someone local or figure something out I'll probably just wait or maybe post up here on The CABE with stipulation of Local Only.

*** Bikes are posted on Cincinnati C-list / Bikes / Owner / Vintage in search......in case anyone reads this :)
Why not just put the CL links in the Ebay/CL section? V/r Shawn

Why not just put the CL links in the Ebay/CL section? V/r Shawn

I was going to do that and was hoping somebody / one of the CABE-vets would say it was OK to do it with bikes that you own.
Both going to the EBay / CL Section with local sale only as my bikes

Thanks !!!!

Kato, Any chance did you sell me a 1953 black & white Schwinn Spitfire about 3-4 years ago?

I had a Blue Jeep Cherokee when I picked it up.
My name is Roger

Back