When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

selling off collection on Ebay

-
Recommend not limiting the sale to one lot, to keep your collection all together for all posterity. That might mean that the better items would likely sell first, given fair prices.

Before the recent travel restrictions, I recall a Provincial seller, who apparently traveled Stateside, in order to ship items within the greater market, and to generally avoid the cost and past-performance of the local post office or postes.

Last edited:
I am thinking about selling my entire collection due to lack of time to enjoy it and "play" with it.
Thinking about selling it all on Ebay starting at $1 and see what the market will pay for it. 25 years of collecting.
Don't really have Ebay experience ...... bought a few things there, but not much
Any experienced Ebay sellers here? Any pointers?
I've been on Ebay 19 years, used to sell quite a bit. ( 100% positive feedback at 1258) It's very "fee" heavy now and sometimes you ( even as a Canadian) get involved with taxes collected in some states. If you are a gambler, sure, start at $1.00. Not me. I'd try the Cabe with a dollar amount for the lot, then maybe KIJIJI or Craigs list, even Facebook ( I don't do facebook myself..but) marketplace, or similar venue. Too bad you are leaving the hobby, but if you can't enjoy it, why do it. Life on planet Earth is too short. Good luck.

yes, I would not list as one lot ......
would get someone (with time) to list each items separately
I want to list at $1 and let the market decided
most of the stuff I have, I paid too much for and listing here ...... well it just sits

I was thinking about enlisting an auction house, but the whole "covid" situation might not be ideal for that right now
Glad ( kinda?) to hear I'm not the only one who pays too much!! Ha!! Living in Canada with a .65 dollar compared with the U.S. dollar and insane shipping rates, taxes and duty over $50.00 imports makes for an expensive hobby buying from the U.S., but part of the game if you want to play. Even with Covid, a well advertised on line auction with a reputable auction house may be a better way to go. There was a BIG auction on line last year, Eddie someone with lots of bicycles, signs, gas memorabilia, and things went quite strong. I posted the auction to get opinions for a friend on a Harley Davidson restored bicycle, maybe do a search on the Cabe. I think it's all about good pictures, honest descriptions, and well advertised. Good luck!

Back