When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling practices of some people .....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Wait, this is still and issue??? I left a comment yesterday and went to work on my Hot Rod...I come back today and see that @Tempest got up Extra Extra early and made a comment

Ok, Another story, after making a deal, my Brother took a friend to buy a lawn tractor from Craigslist. After borrowing a trailer and driving over an hr the dude changed his mind and increased the price. My brothers friend (normally super quiet and a really nice guy) got a bit ticked and complained loudly - the guy threatened to call the cops. Apparently My brother and his friend left but apparently there was a dent in the dudes truck that wasn't there prior to their arrival....fair play?

Then of course there's the Craigslist guy who calls and texts a million times. Commits to a time and date to view/pick up AND................Never shows or returns texts...I'm not 100% sure but I'm currently selling a Soap Stone stove and may be dealing with this now....Now this guy has told me how interested he was...then radio silence..I texted him asking if he was still interested...he said yes, he's just been busy and would call me for an address and time for pick up later...well, it's been 1 day...so, do I hold this stove and wait by the phone for his return call or do I sell to the 1st bidder? Answer (Show me the Money!)

I hate to see grown men cry. Grow up and get over it. When I sell something I sell it to whom ever is the best fit for the item. Example. I have a bike for sale.
Buyer 1: "Will you take $200 off the price"
Buyer 2: "Can you ship it to Puerto Rico"
Buyer 3: " I will take it but I will have to talk
to my wife first"
Buyer 4: " I will gladly pay you Tuesday for
a bike I can have today"
Buyer 5: " I will give you what you asking
for it can I pick it up this
afternoon"
Who are you going to sell it to?
My stuff My terms.
Cheezy buyers make cheezy sellers.

Wait, this is still and issue??? I left a comment yesterday and went to work on my Hot Rod...I come back today and see that @Tempest got up Extra Extra early and made a comment

Ok, Another story, after making a deal, my Brother took a friend to buy a lawn tractor from Craigslist. After borrowing a trailer and driving over an hr the dude changed his mind and increased the price. My brothers friend (normally super quiet and a really nice guy) got a bit ticked and complained loudly - the guy threatened to call the cops. Apparently My brother and his friend left but apparently there was a dent in the dudes truck that wasn't there prior to their arrival....fair play?

Then of course there's the Craigslist guy who calls and texts a million times. Commits to a time and date to view/pick up AND................Never shows or returns texts...I'm not 100% sure but I'm currently selling a Soap Stone stove and may be dealing with this now....Now this guy has told me how interested he was...then radio silence..I texted him asking if he was still interested...he said yes, he's just been busy and would call me for an address and time for pick up later...well, it's been 1 day...so, do I hold this stove and wait by the phone for his return call or do I sell to the 1st bidder? Answer (Show me the Money!)
no,he will never follow through,if there 2 busy thats a co

no!

I hate to see grown men cry. Grow up and get over it. When I sell something I sell it to whom ever is the best fit for the item. Example. I have a bike for sale.
Buyer 1: "Will you take $200 off the price"
Buyer 2: "Can you ship it to Puerto Rico"
Buyer 3: " I will take it but I will have to talk
to my wife first"
Buyer 4: " I will gladly pay you Tuesday for
a bike I can have today"
Buyer 5: " I will give you what you asking
for it can I pick it up this
afternoon"
Who are you going to sell it to?
My stuff My terms.
Cheezy buyers make cheezy sellers.

Absolutely!!!!!! This works perfect in "your selling platform" of Craigslist, swap meets, newspaper ads, garage sales, Facebook etc. When you're selling like this then it's your terms and these are the type of people you're just going to have to deal with if you decide to sell that way. But, come to The Cabe to sell and please try to adhere to a couple simple rules if you can.

But some people just don't get it. Where was your bike for sale you mentioned?? Was it here on The Cabe or Craigslist etc? I have my own website also where I sell
things and the first person who inquires about it has the first right to make a decision. If someone else emails me an hour later and says I'll buy it, I can tell you that
he doesn't get it until the first person says .. "I'll pass on it ... and thank you for the opportunity". ( my website - my rules )

Remember .......... This is "The CABE" though and it seems sellers here have forgotten about "The CABE". THIS TOPIC has NOTHING to do with Craigslist or swap meets etc. I don't know why everyone keeps referring to selling everywhere else and "their terms". I've heard from several friends here on this site who don't agree with the selling style of many people here but it keeps happening and I feel that a simple rule should be put in place if you're given that opportunity to place an ad in this forum. Sending a PM doesn't work because anyone can say that - so and so - text me yesterday who is a friend and wanted it. NO .... the first person who responds to an ad once it is placed has full rights to buy that item. This works for everyone. Once the ad is placed, then the first person is given that opportunity and yesterday or last week doesn't count anymore. Otherwise remove the ad if you're still waiting to hear from someone from last week or last month or whenever. When they say "no" .. then place your ad here so other people have that chance.

So here's an interesting story :
.. I was at a swap meet and I walked over to see an item I was interested in. I picked it up and started looking at it (still in my hand )
A guy walks up next me and asked the guy how much that piece is that I am looking at.
Guy says 100 bucks.
The guy standing next to me pulls out 100 bucks and says I'll take it!
The guy selling the piece said - "well he's looking at it first and if he decides not to buy it then you can buy it ..... but he's showing interest first and hasn't decided yet".
Now there's a seller who is a person of Good Character and High Principles.
It sounds like most guys here would have taken it out of my hand and handed to the other guy and taken his 100 bucks though. If you weren't taught integrity as a child then you're most likely not going to have it as an adult. It's not always about - mine - mine - mine ... I make the rules! ( This is the Cabe and it would be nice if The Cabe had a couple simple rules in place )

Again ............. this is THE CABE here we're talking about ( not swap meets, Craigslist, garage sales etc etc )

Simple: Anyone who places an ad in The Cabe selling section gives the first person to respond to that listing first right to buy. Period! ( I'm standing up for everyone here )

Otherwise, the rules ( what rules? ) in place to buy are very fishy and create problems for everyone who wants to buy something. Too many people lose here! ( someone needs to stand up and bring this to the attention of the admins )

I've been told from way too many people about the selling practices of some members here and it's time for a little change. ... Respect The Cabe!

I agree with what you’re saying, but as of late, there’s no way to respond to a sellers ad publicly, unless you’re on Tapatalk.
Which, there have been discussions about doing away with.
So then, the only way to respond to a sellers ad would be via private message.
So, that leaves it up to the sellers prerogative as to which customer he’d like to sell his item to first.
I guess, you could say, that brings us back to the old Quid Pro Quo debate.
If two guys respond, and one is a stranger and the other is an old friend, who has supplied you with the rare and desirable parts over the years.
Are you going to respond in kind, and sell your buddy what he needs, or are you going to tell him, sorry, no can do, Joe Schmo was here first?
Interesting dilemma for sure.
Maybe your buddy understands, maybe he says, F that guy, the next time he needs something from me.
I guess, that’s called, being between a rock and a hard place.
I’m sorry to say, but as long as the transaction is private, and it can’t publicly hurt someone’s feelings, I’m going to sell the item to the guy that’s helped me out over the years, and be glad to be able to return the favor.
I know, that makes me a bad guy, but until the money has changed hands, it’s your personal property, and it’s your prerogative to sell it to who ever you like.

I was selling a bike on here, not offering shipping! Had a guy beat me down then say that's shipped right? I say send me a label. Back and forth few more times, then wants to know weight and size of the box! Okay scrambled around 4 bike shops and found a box, give him the size then asks for weight, take bike and box to yet another bike shop and weigh everything (2 day process) then the ahole say um nevermind!! Wasted my time doing something wasn't offering in the first place and trying to help the guy out being a"nice guy" taking a lose! Fortunately the next day dude from CL calls saying bike is same year and month as him and offer's more$, drives two hours to me and buys it! It all worked out in the end, but not from the flakey caber!! Never know......

What does send me a label mean? I think it implies I should have a shipping account because I don't have a clue about IMPORTANT THINGS....

like WEIGHT, DIMENSIONS, THE SELLER'S ADDRESS/LOCATION...

you know, all the crap a carrier needs to know.

You see, I've been sending stuff for a long while and I wasn't born yesterday, but I still don't care what General Westmoreland was doing in Vietnam on that day.

First person to say I’ll take it! with no questions asked gets it
Get what?

Back