When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling practices of some people .....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think the selling practices of some people on this site really stink!!!!! ( 98% or people are great though ....... always that 2% that ruin it for others )

My new avatar is pretty self explanatory as to what I think of some of these people.

They should call themselves something like "crapcycles" .......... or .. we'renothonestcycles or ........ cyclery etc

====

I've always been straight up with buyers. If you post something for sale and a person responds first to that post, then they should be first in line to get it. ( I never sell first to the 2nd person down until there is an honest answer form that first buyer etc... ). But I understand some people like to sell to the people who they hug and pat on the back behind closed doors.

** This is an issue that needs to be addressed with the CABE admins: -> I believe that "ONCE" a seller decides to list an item in the "For Sale" forum, then the first to respond has first right to buy ( and not through a PM - I've tried that too and it doesn't work ). IT MUST BE A POST on the actual thread as this is the fairest for everyone. I think many sellers will let time drag on and then say that - "Oh so and so wanted it yesterday through a text" or my friend wanted it. Otherwise, if the the seller doesn't follow these rules - THEN THEY SHOULD LEAVE THE CABE cycling community. If you're not going to treat people with respect as a seller ( or even a buyer ) then you don't belong here ... period! These people have gotten away with this practice for too long. Like eBay .. when you put in your bid, then you have first right to buy it and he can't sell it to the second guy in line even if that person happens to be his friend ( well unless they remove it and sell it to their friend ).

Any thoughts here? .. I have seen this issue posted before and thought it was best to bring this up again.

----I clearly explained the situation regarding the bicycle you were interested in. I could not have explained it more clearly and you're still
going on about this? I kept my word to the 1st person who showed interest in the bicycle and asked if they could think about it for
the day. I agreed! Explaining that I was going to post it just in case they decided to pass, the buyer, also a collector
friend, then contacted me directly to go forward with the purchase. It's really that simple. I feel I treat people very fairly and situations
like this are unpleasant for all involved especially when drama drags out for no reason other than sour grapes. I have missed a
ton of deals on the Cabe I "thought" I was first in line for. Something else will come along that you will enjoy as much hopefully..
and all the best to you for holidays my friend.

This horse has been beat to death before but apparently it needs reviving. Example: You place and ad here on the C.A.B.E . The first responder asks how long the item is or can you do any better on the price. The second responder is right behind him and says..."I'll take it". Guess who wins the item...second responder gets it as he is not wasting your time and wants the item. The first responder is the first place loser. This type responder may take a day or two to decide if he wants the item or not-he is wasting valuable time. Its step up or step back!

Last edited:
Was at a swap meet and I offered to buy a pedal car with a Shifter (GTO or Mustang or something) was willing to pay the asking price too. The guy in the next booth leaned over in the middle of my negotiation and said he wanted it...didn't have any cash at the time but was betting on a sale...then he cold pay up! I was miffed but ended up finding a vintage Caddy Air Cleaner I needed for my hot rod...it was a Sweet deal and I wouldn't have been able to buy it if I got the pedal car so it kinda worked out....

Hmmmmm, thinking about how things worked out, suddenly my story doesn't apply...sorry - lol

Yeah, that happened to me too. Called dibs only to have an sold to someone else....I called him on it and he apologized - all was cool

I always laugh at buyers who think they can dictate the rules to the person who actually owns the piece in question.

my stuff, my rules.

maybe people who feel hurt buying old items from individual sellers should only buy news stuff at the store.
I think it's fine to sell your stuff to who you want to exactly as you say ... on your own site maybe. But remember, this is a public forum and there should be rules. Sell your stuff on eBay and make your own rules there and see how it works out for ya.

Holy crap ..... who buys new stuff from stores these days!!!! ( well ... except tires we have to race on at the Velodrome! )

----I clearly explained the situation regarding the bicycle you were interested in. I could not have explained it more clearly and you're still
going on about this? I kept my word to the 1st person who showed interest in the bicycle and asked if they could think about it for
the day. I agreed! Explaining that I was going to post it just in case they decided to pass, the buyer, also a collector
friend, then contacted me directly to go forward with the purchase. It's really that simple. I feel I treat people very fairly and situations
like this are unpleasant for all involved especially when drama drags out for no reason other than sour grapes. I have missed a
ton of deals on the Cabe I "thought" I was first in line for. Something else will come along that you will enjoy as much hopefully..
and all the best to you for holidays my friend.
It's also something that happened a year ago my friend that reminded me of these situations. Never heard of you anyway as I've never done business with you. I don't think you deal in Antique Track Racing equipment like I do. I've been dealing in Track Racing for 40 years and never heard of you ( sorry )

I think if someone posts on a For Sale forum, then follow some simple rules for everyone. It shouldn't be posted on that Forum if it's really not for sale.

We're talking about basic rules to a forum here by the way ..... not kindergarten class "make my own rules".... because it's my stuff! Enjoy your holiday also.

Honesty is the best policy.
Recently came to an agreement on some parts less than my listing price. An hour later a respected member of the cabe offered full price for one of the items. I let him know he was second in line and if the original deal with the first interested party fell through he was next in line.
When I sell parts I do it fairly. I don’t wish to sell my integrity.

Honesty and fairness...there ya go!

Honesty is the best policy.
Recently came to an agreement on some parts less than my listing price. An hour later a respected member of the cabe offered full price for one of the items. I let him know he was second in line and if the original deal with the first interested party fell through he was next in line.
When I sell parts I do it fairly. I don’t wish to sell my integrity.

Back