When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling practices of some people .....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wait, this is still and issue??? I left a comment yesterday and went to work on my Hot Rod...I come back today and see that @Tempest got up Extra Extra early and made a comment

Ok, Another story, after making a deal, my Brother took a friend to buy a lawn tractor from Craigslist. After borrowing a trailer and driving over an hr the dude changed his mind and increased the price. My brothers friend (normally super quiet and a really nice guy) got a bit ticked and complained loudly - the guy threatened to call the cops. Apparently My brother and his friend left but apparently there was a dent in the dudes truck that wasn't there prior to their arrival....fair play?

Then of course there's the Craigslist guy who calls and texts a million times. Commits to a time and date to view/pick up AND................Never shows or returns texts...I'm not 100% sure but I'm currently selling a Soap Stone stove and may be dealing with this now....Now this guy has told me how interested he was...then radio silence..I texted him asking if he was still interested...he said yes, he's just been busy and would call me for an address and time for pick up later...well, it's been 1 day...so, do I hold this stove and wait by the phone for his return call or do I sell to the 1st bidder? Answer (Show me the Money!)

Sell to first person who shows up in the time frame agreed on. I kind of get ticked at the sellers who say no holds, first to show get it. WELL, if it takes the buyer 30 minutes to get to your house you owe them that. 40 minutes later up for grabs.

no,he will never follow through,if there 2 busy thats a co

no!
Sell to first person who shows up in the time frame agreed on. I kind of get ticked at the sellers who say no holds, first to show get it. WELL, if it takes the buyer 30 minutes to get to your house you owe them that. 40 minutes later up for grabs.
Oh, if someone says they will be coming over - I'm good with that. But if they just want to go back and forth - sorry, 1st come.

What does send me a label mean? I think it implies I should have a shipping account because I don't have a clue about IMPORTANT THINGS....

like WEIGHT, DIMENSIONS, THE SELLER'S ADDRESS/LOCATION...

you know, all the crap a carrier needs to know.

You see, I've been sending stuff for a long while and I wasn't born yesterday, but I still don't care what General Westmoreland was doing in Vietnam on that day.
It means you pay for shipping and send the shipping label! Damn people are really dumb! Pretty simple poop!!

people like the original poster here are why selling can be a pain in the butt sometimes.

I don't sell a lot of bike stuff since I don't have a lot of bikes. I have never sold anything here, but if I did the first to contact me would get the first reply. the first person to say they will take it how can I pay will get the item. it's all pretty simple.

when i sell local i wont respond ro my ad if they dont leave phone contact info,i designate a spot for pickup they have a 15 min time frame,they have to call me from that spot b4 i will go,if they respond to an ad without contact phone i just dont answer,fake book has this bull deal where they ask will "is this still avalable"and then crickets,they get deleted,more and more sellers are puttin in their adds if its listed its still available wil delete when sold,ya still get shutins wasring your time!

i dont pack and ship large items like bikes,they go to the local bike shop,when i deliver the bike to the shop they make a work order,i get a reciet that shows i brought it there,after that its between the sho and the buyer,at that point im outa the picture

It means you pay for shipping and send the shipping label! Damn people are really dumb! Pretty simple &#!^!!

Excuse me sir, I have shipped everything from AA5 tube radios to a 40s Gibson guitar amp and various parts of a Stromberg-Carlson AM/FM/TV/phono console (including the GE 12LP4A round CRT to Salt Lake and the rest to Florida during a string of three hurricanes), and I've never had to get shipping dimensions like that. Please refrain from calling people dumb.

i dont pack and ship large items like bikes,they go to the local bike shop,when i deliver the bike to the shop they make a work order,i get a reciet that shows i brought it there,after that its between the sho and the buyer,at that point im outa the picture
If you sold it on Ebay and it got lost or buyer complained you will be back in the picture!!

Excuse me sir, I have shipped everything from AA5 tube radios to a 40s Gibson guitar amp and various parts of a Stromberg-Carlson AM/FM/TV/phono console (including the GE 12LP4A round CRT to Salt Lake and the rest to Florida during a string of three hurricanes), and I've never had to get shipping dimensions like that. Please refrain from calling people dumb.
When you ship a bike they tell you how big box can be so you most definitely need the dimensions! Again I say some people are dumb

It's going to take a lot longer than that. I have to ride my bike over the Rocky Mountains for starters.

Back