When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serial number "G" pre/post war?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

asprey*3

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello, for Schwinn bicycles, the serial number that starts with a letter "G" and follows by 5 numbers, means its a prewar or postwar (before 1948) bicycle? I'm working on a DX, and the lady who sold it to me, told me it was a Prewar bike (parts, hard to find -one really elusive:), but recently, looking for the elusive part, I've been told that the serial number that start with the letter "G" its a post war bicycle, therefore I been looking for the wrong part all along. Any clues as to where my the bicycle belongs in the pre or post war categories. Thank you very much for your kind help.

pre-war and early postwar up to mid 48 had a letter followed by 5 numbers.the thing to look at is the rear dropouts.are they rear or front facing?is there a kickstand tube welded to the frame?rear facing dropouts and no kickstand means it's pre-war.46 was the first year for front facing dropouts and welded kickstand tube.your serial number doesn't show up on the 48 and later chart if it indeed only has 5 numbers.hope this helps a little.try posting a couple pictures and that would really help.

depends on the dropouts. tension adjusters are the key to pre wae schwinns,"g" serial # ismost likely a 1950,w/the fish hook drop outs. kk

Back