When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serial number help again.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sal

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hey everyone, recently purchased this bike and the previous owner was unsure of the exact year. I tried figuring it out using the serial references prior to 1948 but I haven't been able to come up with anything conclusive. I know many of you are much more knowledgeable and much better at this than me so I would appreciate any info. Thank you.
20180904_181731.jpg

20180904_181740.jpg

20180904_181838.jpg

20180904_181837.jpg

The welded on kickstand tub must have been broken off??? 1946 serial number.

The welded on kickstand tub must have been broken off??? 1946 serial number.
I'm really not sure, that's how I got it. Had that big bolt on one aswell when I bought it. Did all 1946 come with the built in kickstand?

I've never seen one
I'm really not sure, that's how I got it. Had that big bolt on one aswell when I bought it. Did all 1946 come with the built in kickstand?

I believe all regular post war Schwinns had a built in kickstand. Sometime around 1953 is when they went back to a bolt on stand with the cheaper models like the Spitfire. But I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

I've never seen one

I believe all regular post war Schwinns had a built in kickstand. Sometime around 1953 is when they went back to a bolt on stand with the cheaper models like the Spitfire. But I could be wrong. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Thank you for the info. One last question, would you know the type of fender lights these 1946 bikes would have? Would it just be the regular delta torpedo style one's?

Back