When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

serial number help

-

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have a middleweight frame with the serial number D84938 on rear drop out . I used number generator and came up with 1952 thats not right. I found a D serial number in reterence thread on this site for a 1957. Is this frame possible a 90's frame where and what numbers did they use. The frame seems legit but unfamilar with repop bikes.

Sorry Shawn, just got frame didnt have chance for pics. Has ridges on lower stays where they enter BB and very nice brazing on head tube. Did 90'2 have ridges on lower stays? Someone did paintjob Hard to tell color or anything. I will get pics upafter work today. Be safe Thank you for serving .

So much for work that can wait this is more important, I didnt give whole # it is D849438

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Reactions: JLF
I put in correct number and it comes up 04/29 1958, that sounds more like it.
Nope, guess again. The number you posted in post #1 doesn't match, so that picture is incorrect. :tonguewink: :joycat: :tonguewink:

Quote: I have a middleweight frame with the serial number D84938 on rear drop out .

Yes there is a bunch of newer junk parts on it I will weed them out as I clean up vintage stuff I have. After market springer,I tightened it up rides ok. Winter cruiser something to beat on. I love my middle weights that is oldest schwinn frame I have. I'm color blind and have been riding it for 2 days my daughter mentioned it was purple-ish I had no idea.haha

Well it does have a purple hue to it. Do you know what the original color was, I see no traces of old paint other than maybe the red oxide primer. Possibly a faded Spitfire Red?

Back