When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serial number help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Snufu

On Training Wheels
I picked up this bike last week and I'm having trouble with decoding the serial number's they are located on the bottom bracket the first one's are
MO D 502 47610 the second set of number's are

IMG_20221125_131804931.jpg

If the rear dropouts, (where the wheel mounts) come to a sharp point, it's '58 or later. I can't see for sure, but they look rounded, which would typically be '57 or older. 4761 is part of the Sears catalog #. I took a quick look through my book, and that # appears to be a lower end '61 model.

The 26” front wheel & fender look to have been swapped out with those from a 26” lightweight bicycle.

(The rear rim looks to be original).

Might look for additional stamping above that already shown, that may read as a letter like “T” (or similar) followed by more digits?

Last edited:
If the rear dropouts, (where the wheel mounts) come to a sharp point, it's '58 or later. I can't see for sure, but they look rounded, which would typically be '57 or older. 4761 is part of the Sears catalog #. I took a quick look through my book, and that # appears to be a lower end '61 model.
Is it coincidence the serial number starts with 61?

Back