When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serial number

-
The best thing to do is get a set of stamping dies that match near perfect and restrike the digits. Harbor Freight has a micro engraver for 10 bucks. If the tip is real fine and you're good with engravers, that might be an option. If your camera is decent and you have light, I don't see a problem getting a picture of the number if you can actually see the number. Did someone go to town on the drop out with a flap sander before painting?

The best thing to do is get a set of stamping dies that match near perfect and restrike the digits. Harbor Freight has a micro engraver for 10 bucks. If the tip is real fine and you're good with engravers, that might be an option. If your camera is decent and you have light, I don't see a problem getting a picture of the number if you can actually see the number. Did someone go to town on the drop out with a flap sander before painting?
I'm seeing a bunch of repop parts on that bike. It is going to need some really clear pictures to prove otherwise.

It’s definitely been repainted hence the incorrect shades of red. So I would assume they had it sans blasted and it messed up the serial number. I’ll keep in mind your idea.

The bottom bracket on the anniversary phantom doesn’t really look like an original. And the serial number on those have a 1950 serial number so anyone can see that is not an Anniversary phantom.

The bottom bracket on the anniversary phantom doesn’t really look like an original. And the serial number on those have a 1950 serial number so anyone can see that is not an Anniversary phantom.
Mine doesn’t have the serial number under the crank only on the left rear drop out.

Mine doesn’t have the serial number under the crank only on the left rear drop out.
Exactly. and once again, a good camera should be able to pick up your serial number with no problem.

Exactly. and once again, a good camera should be able to pick up your serial number with no problem.
This is the best photo I have. When I striped the paint there it was still noticeable with the naked eye just very hard to see. I repainted it and now I cant make anything out. My overall plan with this bike is to eventually repaint it at some point so Ill try and rebrand the serial number when I do that.

0AC0455C-1961-40F1-B3E0-2ED7F064E9AB.jpeg

Back