When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serious question

-
Anybody have a good set of dropcenters and old school whitewalls?

Wow, cool project for sure! And it has a springer. Early 1941?
If I'm not mistaken I think it's a 1940.

56CF8605-2446-4FAF-9C14-28772BAFCC8A.jpeg

5B689F8B-EFCD-4DF0-95F2-42C3FD48ECDA.jpeg

8D708DCA-E099-4A75-8475-A30CA6DA0509.jpeg

42B723D4-09D3-44D8-8C73-17FBFF16B5F0.jpeg

Grab a set of John's chain tires for it and post an ad in wanted section and someone should hook you up! Looks like smooth tank so it would be a'40!
After a bit of research, it is a '40 for sure. The tank is smooth and in really good shape. The fenders are both very smooth with the only damage being how they flared out on the sides. I have already smoothed those flaws out. I just bought a pair of Silvertown Whitewalls from feebay. They won't work for riding but when it isn't being ridden they will look good on display. Do you have a link for John's tires?

Mike the Bike a.k.a Elginbluebird on the bay can hook you up with a pair of Columbia superb Wide whites and n.o.s Drop centers for this bike and will only set you back a couple of c notes. Good luck and looking good. Razin.

After a bit of research, it is a '40 for sure. The tank is smooth and in really good shape. The fenders are both very smooth with the only damage being how they flared out on the sides. I have already smoothed those flaws out. I just bought a pair of Silvertown Whitewalls from feebay. They won't work for riding but when it isn't being ridden they will look good on display. Do you have a link for John's tires?
1940 was a very good year as this was the same year my mom was born. My brother Joe gave me an old plate with the 1940 number and i put on one of my Murray daily riders and reminds me of her every time i go for a ride she's along for the ride. RideOn. Razin.

Mike the Bike a.k.a Elginbluebird on the bay can hook you up with a pair of Columbia superb Wide whites and n.o.s Drop centers for this bike and will only set you back a couple of c notes. Good luck and looking good. Razin.
I have bought some of those tires! They're Niiice! I have them on the Lobdell/S2 flat style rims & they ride like butter about 30-40 lbs. Even the white wall is well done around the tires. They weren't super expensive but not cheap / poor quality. They'd look awesome fattened out on some wider rims I bet

I have bought some of those tires! They're Niiice! I have them on the Lobdell/S2 flat style rims & they ride like butter about 30-40 lbs. Even the white wall is well done around the tires. They weren't super expensive but not cheap / poor quality. They'd look awesome fattened out on some wider rims I bet
I have four sets that i put on my 47 Columbia Rambler, my 53 Schwinn Hornet with s2 rims, Huffman three speed custom and will be putting a set on my 50 Monark Silver King when i finish the bike. These tires were $50.00 a set and came with the tubes and rim strips included. Best deal on wide whites that i've found and mike mails them out 2 day delivery. Great tires that can't be beat for the money. Enjoy. Razin.

Back