When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Serviceability of Spaceliner 2 speed kickback?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Screenshot_20220218-170223_Chrome.jpg

This video in the 12 o'clock position shows a pronounced turn in at the end. All of mine are completely gone and I see paint missing at what is left on mine meaning they had to be worn. The two fingers I bent in after the fact made the proper clicking noise that it didn't make before so I am confident that it should have the above protrusion.

Here is what I know so far and have been able to deduce.
Hub arrived gummed to the max with only one gear.
I cleaned it up, not gummy any more but I still have no high gear.
There was nothing stopping this spring from working so I have to assume it was worn/broken off before I had the wheel built.

And why I wanted a picture. When you said the inner fingers I was thinking you meant the fingers bent inward. They're just straight. The fingers you are talking about should a little kick to them but I've had them work fine without them as long they engage the clutch. You can tweek them a little just be gentle. But if you're missing one of the fingers completely I'd say you need a spring. I've never seen one missing a finger.
Just don't want you to keep throwing money at it.

It's all good. You are all better versed at these components than I am so I tossed up the pictures.
Just having a rough go finishing this bike up. Previous owner did an amazing cosmetic job and I want to finish it the way it deserves.
Just had a helpless moment as all my local shops that could help have dried up in the last 2 years. CABE has been amazing but sometimes you have to hand something to more of a professional. It's all good I will see this through but I'm not 100% this is the only thing wrong at this point. It's broke lol so either way the hub is better today than it was yesterday lol 😅

I bought the spring and it shipped so I figured I had nothing to lose trying to tweak the broken part. One snapped and the others I was able to push significantly just to see if there was a difference.

Back