When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold SEXY! OG Paint TOC Great Western Cyrus Racer/Roadster REDUCED!

-
Price
$575

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Original paint 1910-ish(?) Great Western Cyrus frame project with a Fauber Special chain ring. Includes chain ring, cranks, nickeled rear axle adjusters and lucky-7 seat post in really good nickel (expected wear). Over all the French gray (blue hued) paint is in very decent condition with expected wear, scratches and scraps; remains of white strips visible at different areas on the fork and frame. There is an amber-toned wax or over finish that exists that could be removed for a different overall finish presentation. I haven't tried to remove this over finish but it seems it would be easy to do; presently it has an awesome patina finish. Overall a very straight frame, no dents or apologizes I can see. It measures approx. 21 3/4 inches in size. As always, as found, not cleaned, polished, or embellished in any way. Please PM if you wish to purchase. $625 shipped: SOLD, Thank you! shipped from Santa Fe, New Mexico to the lower 48. Thank you for viewing, Brant

IMG_6370.jpg

IMG_6371.jpg

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6374.jpg

IMG_6373.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

IMG_6378.jpg

IMG_6379.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't have much to offer here. I find the Cyrus showing up around 1909-ish and to 1912 or so ( most likely later ) and talk about how they used the Fauber cranks, one inch flush joint frames, two plate fork crown, Buffalo or Bennet pedals and a Troxel #1 saddle.

I think you'll have to find the Great Western Cycle catalogue to find more on this frame. Hopefully someone has one of these catalogues from this era. Great frame!

bicyclingwo6325161911newy_0288.jpg

bicycli64231911161912newy_0282.jpg

bicycli64231911161912newy_0160.jpg

Such a great looking frame Brant, I keep coming back to look at it. I have too many irons in the fire right now to grab it. I also just picked up a huge Fauber crankset the would look great on this. tempting tempting

Back