When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shaw Engine Kit N.O.S. in the crate !!

-
here ya go,you can mount it just like this Mead Ranger

DSCN1068.JPG

Respectfully, may I ask the price range of these engines. I certainly am NOT expecting you to disclose your specific price.
I'm very new to this entire subject. Thank you.

No problem,

Full kits: crate, paperwork, engine, mounts, clutch, fuel and oil tank, plus their filters and petcocks, exhaust, coil/mag, wheel conversion parts, Shaw tool and controls (handlebar and tension control), grips, cables, and small pieces all Shaw produced parts will run you over 5000US. More complete "kit" higher value/price, less complete less cost.
However just an engine with none of the added items that were with every kit nor the connected parts should only bring less than 2000US. As the person to get the engine without the standard added items will be fighting for a very long time to find the missing "standard" included items. And less for an engine that is unknown to actually run.

All said about half the parts are reproduced in small numbers, this does NOT include the H-22 Super made after 1920. But add more cost for reproductions as they are made from original casting or molds. As well, paperwork, copies, is possibly available though a few people as well to help those that are starting with little. I have original instructions for engines and clutches after 1914. And frame bending instructions to allow for the the belt drive conversion that were the same from 1903 onward.

So getting less pay less, closer to complete higher cost. And something to think about early engines, Shaw, Gibbson, Merkle, Singer and so on built before 1910 have no standard to castings so beware of weak units and thin walls. Used briefly they will survive but truly building one back to standard is taking risk of blowing them apart as one rider found out last year. So many people upgrade the internals to modern but that again adds more cost.

If you love them then cost doesnt matter but on Shaws there is little if no return on investment due to not just money invested by uncountable hours.

D

I also offer to anyone the information I have learned, as most of the pages are to big to scan in I will happily type out word for word from the pages. And I say happily but please keep in mind as I cant feel my fingers except for pain since chemo, so I will do this with love.

Just take some digital pics of all the parts and we can stitch them together in a program like photoshop or gimp. It is possible to even digitally "repair" or as they call it "heal" the images. If you post a few ill give it a stab for ya and post the finished product back.

I have been trying to get ppl here and other places to at least share copies of paperwork I don't have to create a library that I would like to post here. I have the Shaw clutch info but missing eclipse clutch info and installation of either.

Will try to get some pics up later this week of a couple of pages to start the thought process of what we can do with them.

D

Please if anyone has any Shaw items or paperwork, please, let me know. I am willing to pay fairly for these items.

Respectfully, may I ask the price range of these engines. I certainly am NOT expecting you to disclose your specific price.
I'm very new to this entire subject. Thank you.

There's one on the bay I was bidding on, but being the crankcase was repaired and still has a hairline crack in it, I'm not going any higher.:cool:
let it be the next guys problem.

Last edited:
If you find one throw a link here if you like. Or (wink) a pm to me lol.

Back