When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Airflow

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
guess seller could have said bikes from a retired professors collection in orange county, which sold in an auction in north carolina last week

Former cabe member

guess seller could have said bikes from a retired professors collection in orange county, which sold in an auction in north carolina last week

Yes I believe it is the same bike that was sold last week. But wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole because of the seller. Beware!

Yes...definitely the same bicycle

Yes...That clearly is the same bicycle from the NC auction in Mebane last week. Buyer did remove that funky bracket that was hanging from seat.
Steve K
Greensboro, NC

I agree with the earlier post. There are some folks I won't deal with no matter how bad I want something. Fortunately I already have a Speedline. We know he has more than $4k in it so it will be interesting to see where this lands. The guy is a straight-up whack job though so good luck to whoever decides to go after this one. V/r Shawn

So, after ebay fees ($250 according to the fee calculator), paypal fees ($125), did this guy lose money on it? My calculations of premiums and tax from the NC auction put the bike just over $4200, plus whatever time, gas or shipping cost they incurred getting the bike. The guy also put a set of tires on it, and swapped handlebars for eBay.

There are some miles between KY and NC as well plus hotel or shipping, who knows?
Maybe the seller didn't pay the 20% phone bid premium and got the 10%...I would have negotiated that especially at the projected hammer price.
You win some, you lose some and sometimes its nice just to break even when something you bought doesn't meet expectations.
I don't think the guy had a big flip profit in mind when that last bid was cast in Carolina.

Strong value for what's there...good to see as a speedline owner.
Chris

Last edited:
I bid $4,250 on it, and if I hadn't of done that, it would have gone for $3,850
I'd say, this deal wasn't worth the time and effort for the seller.

I didn't know who the seller was at first but, I offer 4,800 for the bike at the start and he said he wanted to wait it out.
never bid on it, just offered and let the bike go from there, still i have a feeling original paint is under that barn paint, goof off might bring back some paint
Nick.

Back