When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby Big Tank Differences

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks Chad! The lights depicted were in a no nose ad? Just curious if they ran the conduit on these bikes also?

That was not a "No-Nose" ad but a separate page in the '39 cat. showing Shelby components. The accompanying specifications page for the No-Nose clearly says "Self-contained, polished aluminum, torpedo shaped" as I stated above. Has Chris @slick started writing a monograph yet? V/r Shawn

That was not a "No-Nose" ad but a separate page in the '39 cat. showing Shelby components. The accompanying specifications page for the No-Nose clearly says "Self-contained, polished aluminum, torpedo shaped" as I stated above. Has Chris @slick started writing a monograph yet? V/r Shawn

Thanks for the clarification Shawn. I saw the butt of the big tank bike.Those lights to the left and you were talking about no-noses.... but now we know. :)

Thanks for the clarification Shawn. I saw the butt of the big tank bike.Those lights to the left and you were talking about no-noses.... but now we know. :)

I probably should have blocked that out to avoid confusion. That is actually a Speedline and they just show where the components go. Like I said though these components are not all necessarily for big tanks. I'm already behind on two other writing projects and am about to start my masters thesis for my third and final masters program or else I'd probably start putting something together. V/r Shawn

I probably should have blocked that out to avoid confusion. That is actually a Speedline and they just show where the components go. Like I said though these components are not all necessarily for big tanks. I'm already behind on two other writing projects and am about to start my masters thesis for my third and final masters program or else I'd probably start putting something together. V/r Shawn

All in good time and thank you for the time and effort!

Unfortunately I work 80 hours a week on projects for my daily job and my own shop projects at nights and weekends. So to find time anywhere else is damn near non existant. Hence the fact I'm not on here much anymore, BUT, I constantly answer Shelby questions on FB (which has a much broader array of bikes popping up than on here) for numerous people who aren't on here as well as other pm's I receive on here asking for info. But as a thread.... that would be an encyclopedia of writing and typing that my overworked fingers won't appreciate typing, talking is easier and much less effort.

Anyone can feel free to pm me questions or call me about their specific shelby that I can fill them in on info wise.

Maybe I need to add this one to my list of things to do then! I'll shoot for early next year. In the meantime I'll start gathering info. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Back