When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby book/ help with ID

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Marc's Classic Chrome

Finally riding a big boys bike
Does anyone know if this is a Shelby book like there seems to be a book for everything else. By book I mean an advertising manual that shows each model year and accessories. Can anyone help me out?

I am trying to ID this bike but also want it for a future resource.

7EC3A3E3-1CC4-4A83-B141-8B1B4EBB1A21.jpeg

82FE220F-C644-4C9C-9889-F99012069F20.jpeg

02A75014-8ED3-4C30-A09F-A8FCB6BCE01A.jpeg

CE229E91-9BB6-4CB4-BFC1-C21E9FBA7906.jpeg

Not sure but it has the Shelby crank .....to me looks more like a Hiawatha.but lots of company's copied each other.

There is a Shelby book but I don't think it will have the detailed information you are looking for. It is more of a collection of period advertising along with some Shelby catalog material. V/r Shawn

Chris Montoya would be your best bet. He knows shelby like everyone else knows schwinns

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was gonna post yesterday but forgot after a long day at work. It's definitely Shelby and may have had a Hiawatha badge. But Hiawatha didn't make bikes. Shelby did supply bikes to Gambles which sold the bikes with Hiawatha badges. The bike may have had one of any of the many badges Shelby used.

This is one of the harder to find Shelby frames. It's similar to this Model 30 from the 39 catalog. I believe this frame style was from 38-39 but there's little printed info out there. Even in the Shelby book.
506358003.962461.jpg

Here's a couple of old pics showing this frame. Including one with the tank version.
image (4).png
image (31).jpeg

Curious what the serial number is. Maybe it starts with R?

I was gonna post yesterday but forgot after a long day at work. It's definitely Shelby and may have had a Hiawatha badge. But Hiawatha didn't make bikes. Shelby did supply bikes to Gambles which sold the bikes with Hiawatha badges. The bike may have had one of any of the many badges Shelby used.

This is one of the harder to find Shelby frames. It's similar to this Model 30 from the 39 catalog. I believe this frame style was from 38-39 but there's little printed info out there. Even in the Shelby book.View attachment 687095

Here's a couple of old pics showing this frame. Including one with the tank version.View attachment 687096 View attachment 687097

Curious what the serial number is. Maybe it starts with R?
Thank you so much!!! I have always been a little afraid to clear off the old paint from the frame to see serial number. Suggestions?

Thank you so much!!! I have always been a little afraid to clear off the old paint from the frame to see serial number. Suggestions?

I've never liked when someone grinds the paint off to see the serial number. I find it best to wipe the dirt away and just look. Usually the paint isn't so thick that the number can't be seen. Maybe a scrub pad or light brushing with a brass wire brush will reveal enough of the number. Besides it looks repainted anyway so not as important to save the paint. The first letter of the serial number is the only part that will help anyways. Just do it carefully.

Back