When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shelby built Western Flyer Camelback Patina Alive

-

Kato

I live for the CABE
I bought this from fellow CABE'r @Wards Guy.. back in July and had to see if there was any of the original paint hiding under all the krustyness..............had to try the naval jelly / WD40 / steel wool treatment.
Got it all done but haven't been feeling to swift lately so I asked my buddy @OZ1972 with help putting it back together and getting it tuned up.......which he did and it's much appreciated !!!! I liked the krusty look from before but I think taking the chance paid off on this one.
For being a 85 year old bike and being a bit odd it's just how I like them.
Hope you all like it - I think it turned out killer!!

Last edited:
I bought this from fellow CABE'r @Wards Guy.. back in July and had to see if there was any of the original paint hiding under all the krustyness..............had to try the naval jelly / WD40 / steel wool treatment.
Got it all done but haven't been feeling to swift lately so I asked my buddy @OZ1972 with help putting it back together and getting it tuned up.......which he did and it's much appreciated !!!! I liked the krusty look from before but I think taking the chance paid off on this one.
For being a 85 year old bike and being a bit odd it's just how I like them.
Hope you all like it - I think it turned out killer!!

View attachment 1514167

View attachment 1514169

View attachment 1514170

View attachment 1514171

View attachment 1514172

View attachment 1514173
I definitely like it!

Thanks - I just had to take the chance and see if there was any paint hiding underneath the krust.
I may try a set of black walls just to see how they look but I think the ones on it are the way to go.
Appreciate you selling me a kool bike !!!
Are these 26 inch or 28?

My buddy @OZ1972 just dropped the bike back off..........turned out just like I'd hoped :)
Naval jelly actually ate the crusty chrome that was left on the head badge and left the copper........which I think is part of the process in chroming?
Pretty sure they copper the piece and then chrome over the copper?

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

Back