Shelby custom

This ad disappears when logged in

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 4, 2014
Planet Mongo
really nice work on the old shelby! I like seeing these old bikes being put back on the road, I bet you get many good comments.:eek:

thebikeman

Look Ma, No Hands!
Feb 6, 2015
Cool Bike. It has that Happy Circus Bike effect on me. I like it so much, I have Questions. What powers the lights? Where are the Batteries? Is that a Red Horn on the handlebars? Just wondering, because it has a bell on it and a light on the front and a backup light on the rear. What do you call those brake levers? I really like them. What is the zip tied bracket on the front hub do ? Is that a bracket to hold the Speedometer or a Drink Holder?
A lot of questions huh? But it does look cool. That seat is very interesting. Small Girls pan with a lot of springs. I would call it Curvy Girl Seat... :D
Thanks for Sharing the pictures.

St.Peter

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jan 24, 2013
Keizer Oregon
www.facebook.com
Your right, a lot of questions. The LED headlight is battery powered from a box on the underside of the fork. That is a battery powered horn on the handle bars. In some of the pictures I have a whizzer speedo on the bars but later on I swapped it out for a cup holder. Starbucks is close by and it makes for a nice morning ride. The zip tied bracket on the front hub is for the drum brake. I had a ride coming up quick and didn't have time to make a nice looking bracket. The brake handles are for road bikes, I thought it would be a fun change from the traditional brake levers. I found the horn annoys people as I approach and added the bell to have that "he could be selling ice cream" sound that appeals more to the folks around here. Nobody refers to me as a Curvy Girl but the seat is a girls seat that I recovered in leather. Its a fun rider. It has 24" wheels with the thick brick 24x3 tires. I have been using swap meet parking lights from old cars and repurposing them on some of my old builds. I appreciate the questions and interest in my bike build. These are fun to build, ride and share.

bairdco

I live for the CABE
Dec 24, 2009
Midway
Cool bike!

I hope you replaced that zip tie on the drum brake. There's a tremendous amount of force on the arm while stopping, and it'll break that easily.

I tried a stainless hose clamp for the same reason you did, and it snapped at the first brake pull.

An atom drum snapped a steel bracket on my motorized bike, spinning the bracket and locking up the front wheel at 45mph.

Broke 4 ribs, wrist, two fingers, seperated my shoulder which required surgery, and bruised my heart, lungs and kidneys.

So, yknow, just sayin'...

Barebo

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Jan 15, 2017
Oneida, New York
Sweet Ride!!! I'm turning an Evans Sonic Scout into a "semi-custom" and hope it turns out nearly as nice as this one did!

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 4, 2014
Planet Mongo
Nice job! The Shelby " jimmy D" springer is tops. I like the look, and the ride is great. Nice looking bike:) and unlike the girl's Huffman and 53 Monark , the girl's Shelby springer can be cut down to fit a boy's frame.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$400.00
eBay Auction Picture
$35.00
eBay Auction Picture
$8.50
eBay Auction Picture
$29.95
eBay Auction Picture
$129.95
eBay Auction Picture